Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need recommendation for cliffs hotel where a solo won't be hassled

User Info Menu

Re: Need recommendation for cliffs hotel where a solo won't be hassled

Nobody on this board ever says it but, if you want seclusion on the cliffs with plenty of good food within a short walk go to the Rockhouse. It's on the high end but, their 2 restaurants, DeBar across the street, 3 Dives maybe 150 yards down the road, Sips & Bites right next store and short taxi rides to LTU, Tensing Pen, Caio Jamaica, Xtabi or Ivan's make this the best spot.

My sympathy for your loss, hopefully your trip is one of healing and remembrance. Time does heal all wounds and hopefully your tears will be tears of happiness as you remember all of the good times that you shared.

User Info Menu

I agree..or just a 2 min. walk further from Rockhouse is Sunset On The Cliffs..nice & quite there too with only 20 rooms all perched with that million dollar ocean view!

User Info Menu

Westender is great...but be prepared to stay there....it is a long haul to the west end where the "action " is...

User Info Menu

SEASTAR!

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

I know Seastar has a lot of fans on here, but for what the woman wants, I think there are many others that have been mentioned that will provide less opportunity for hassle

User Info Menu

Catcha is so awesome.. Good for the soul. But I thing my second and third would be Tensing Pen the Spa Retreat.
    “Indecision may or may not be my problem.”

User Info Menu

Catcha would be a great option. No hassle but enough interaction in evenings without having to leave the property.

User Info Menu

My condolences for your loss!

I'm a solo female traveler and have stayed at Le Mirage and Catcha Falling Star. Either place would be perfect for you.
    You will not be bothered at either place - at all.

I like Mirage because I also like to reflect, drink coffee, read, etc. The balconies at Mirage are perfect for that. There is a lovely pool and breakfast is included. There isn't a restaurant on property, but so many close by.

I also like Catcha for all the same reasons. I was upgraded to a one bedroom villa when I stayed, which had a beautiful view, beautiful balcony. Restaurant on property and also has a lovely pool.

Between the 2 - I found the balconies at Le Mirage more private. I could leave the front door open without fear during the day when I was on the balcony, and the breeze was heavenly. If you choose to stay there, definitely choose 2nd or 3rd floor.

I highly recommend the healing and loving support you will feel from either property. Especially if you explain why you are there. You will be watched over quite well.

I traveled to Jamaica shortly after my Father passed away and it was so healing. I wish you all the best.

User Info Menu

Hide Awhile.. the name says it all
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope this trip brings you a little peace and a lot of healing. I would recommend Tensing Pen if you really want just "you" time. Great sunsets, great food, and cool staff. If you choose to go out and about there are a couple of places within walking distance, Ahbee's, Sharks, Ras Roddy's for Ital, LTU if you want to walk up the road a bit (just past Rick's). Definitely a no gigolo zone. Wherever you stay I wish you an amazing trip.