Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pressure

User Info Menu

Pressure

Alot of talk of continuing policing especially in Negril area. Don't be deterred from goin. Frequent often & people need support especially with the last collapse at local highrise. We all know what it is. These workers are there sometimes living on site if injury occur so sad to bad. No good!!! These corporations need to be held accountable. Bring things useful even if you leave them. Tip your people ok hellloooo. Man only Rasta can liberate the people. Go stay, spend to the people not the corporations. Sponsor some children for school, lunch payments etc... wann help get active street level. Hellloooo.

User Info Menu

Re: Pressure

What?

User Info Menu

Nice weather outside
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Loveanother View Post
    Pressure
    ...gonna drop on you!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Ok so knowone understands what I am talking about. Ok well sym ciao ��

User Info Menu

Where is Smith when mi need em with linkups & pics?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Loveanother View Post
    Alot of talk of continuing policing especially in Negril area. Don't be deterred from goin. Frequent often & people need support especially with the last collapse at local highrise. We all know what it is. These workers are there sometimes living on site if injury occur so sad to bad. No good!!! These corporations need to be held accountable. Bring things useful even if you leave them. Tip your people ok hellloooo. Man only Rasta can liberate the people. Go stay, spend to the people not the corporations. Sponsor some children for school, lunch payments etc... wann help get active street level. Hellloooo.
    Loveanother. I don't know if the continuing of heightened police presence will deter visitors but certainly the perception of threats to one's safety without it will. Yes, the people of Jamaica are struggling to make ends meet and I think most people think the corporations need to be held responsible for their shoddy construction practices and the treatment of their workers.

When you go to Jamaica you should be conscious of where you spend your money and do what you can to insure it goes directly into the hands of the people and not just to the large corporate entities. Tip your service providers like the maid, bartender and the waiters and cooks. Make it a point to leave useful items behind so the people can benefit from them. Also, consider doing some sponsorship of school children or donate your time helping those less fortunate.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

We enjoyed seeing the more aggressive police presence. We even spoke to them and told them it was nice to see them around. We don't spend any money with the big corps while in JA. Small time is the way to go if you know what you are doing.

User Info Menu

I agree with you and try to do that when ever we can while in Negril or anywhere else in Jamaica. That's one reason we will never stay at an all inclusive. Plus you will never get to know the culture if you don't get out to the small places like the mom & pop resturants ect. We have found that most Jamaicans give lots of respect to you for trying to learn their culture. I still remember our first stay back in 87, was going through a bit of culture shock but the locals soon made us feel at home and was one of the best experiences of my life and changed us both for the better.