Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Negril Newbies--so much to see and do!

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Newbies--so much to see and do!

Quote Originally Posted by KKBoston View Post
    These are all such great ideas. Keep em coming!
    BTW--I was looking into a private transfer from Mobay airport to Treehouse and was quoted almost $300 for the two of us (Yikes)
    That's high. Try any of the providers on the negril.com Transport page. You should be able to get a private transfer for ~$120 r/t.

We used a shared bus our very first trip, and won't do it again. Although it is economical, we waited a long time for the bus to leave the airport, the driver didn't make any stops (not even for jerk chicken and Red Stripes) and we had to wait for the bus to stop at all the AIs before we got dropped off on the West End. To me, a private driver is worth the extra money. Plus, you also get to establish a relationship with a trusted driver who you can then call for all your transportation needs during the trip

User Info Menu

Thursday night jazz and blues at Charela Inn is a nice supper night out.

User Info Menu

KK, If you have a groupon rate at Treehouse the transfers are included. If not, call the hotel and arrange something with their transport contractor "Kenny's" I can't see it costing more than 20$ p/p and they don't stop at other hotels. Had no problems either way.

User Info Menu

Yes...that's a lot for airport transfer. Try the transportation section as suggested above.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Thanks! I emailed Luxurious Carib Tours and they got right back to me!
    this was the response:
    "Thanks for making it Luxurious Carib Tours Jamaica, We would be happy to provide you with transportation from Sangsters to West End Negril at a cost of $55.00USD (One Way) and (Round Trip) of a $110.00 USD for (1-3) persons.
    We do provide cell phones upon request at no extra cost. So feel free to enter your request for a cell phone if needed.
    This Price quoted is for a private transfer, this prevents you from the hassle at the airport and waiting time allotted by other taxi and tour operators. Upon arrival you also receive a complimentary drink and rest stops if needs be on your way to your resorts.
    Please note that with our Private transfer you and your party will be the only person travelling in that vehicle.
    If there are any concerns with the information given please feel free to contact us at anytime we will be happy to assist you with any further information."

We also have special offers where you can get further discounts on other services, such as tours and transportation if you use our service.

If you are happy with the price quoted please send us a confirmation email with your name, Telephone number, Flight number, arrival time and date, Hotel/Resort you want to be transported to and also number of persons arriving.
    Best Regard

Andre and Ricardo
    What a savings for me! that is about a third of the cost I was quoted by my TA!
    I think I will use these guys. Have they been around for a while or are they new?

User Info Menu

Noticed they mentioned West End in your quote, just clarify that you're staying on the beach, May or may not be cheaper yet. Too bad you just missed the groupon, your room price would also have been cheaper booking with Gail at Treehouse direct from there...even with upgrading to a sea view room or sea view suite if available. I agree to check with Treehouse to see what their charge for transfer would be. Only Treehouse guests that you could get to know on the way. I assume if everyone transferring at the same time is in agreement (and you tip a few dollars more) you could stop along the way as well.

User Info Menu

I think even if its only 20 bucks more, it's still not a bad deal. So you think I should email Gail and ask if she can provide transportation?

User Info Menu

You have lots of time so it wouldn't hurt to explore your options and make a decision from there. I'm sure Luxurious Carib Tours would be good and it's a competitive rate. If you find Treehouse is much cheaper and provides the service you want, your decision. Certainly better than going with your ta.

User Info Menu

Really looking forward to this trip. Negril has always been on my list..but the drive from the airport was always a deterrent.
    I've been to most of the Caribbean islands-but there is something about Jamaica that seems so 'islandy' to me--if there is such a word.
    The cliffs intrigue me--so I want to explore some of the properties with those...I just don't know where to begin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KKBoston View Post
    The cliffs intrigue me--so I want to explore some of the properties with those...I just don't know where to begin.
    start with the Pub tour, it will give you a feel for the area and where everything is. We find ourselves hanging on the beach during the day and going up to the cliffs for dinner most nights, just more food options we prefer (LTU, Ivan's, 3 Dives, Tony's)