Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIM card digicel expiry

User Info Menu

SIM card digicel expiry

I recall seeing a thread with instructions but can't find it.
    I have digicel from last year trip, how do I check if SIM card still good and/or how do I keep it from expiring, may be too late as last used end feb 2014? Won't need phone again till Jan 2015.
    Thanks
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

User Info Menu

Re: SIM card digicel expiry

Do you have a phone up there you can put the SIM into?
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Sorry to be slow, but maybe I didn't explain well, I have a Samsung phone from last trip with a card, or are you talking about another phone other than this one to try SIM card?
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

User Info Menu

Charge up your phone and turn it on. Within 24 hours, you will start receiving texts from digicel asking you to top-up. I also have a phone/sim card that hasn't been used since Feb. Turned it on and found it was still active, but didn't have any minutes. You can top-up online at digiceljamaica.com

User Info Menu

Excellent, will give that shot, thanks.

User Info Menu

Turn the phone on

Dial *120# that will tell you if you have credit

Dial *124# and it will teel you when your SIM expires
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Bless you, Cap'n! We always forget those codes and need to check!
    Rasthai - we are thee 24 Jan to 08 Feb. Hope we can meet up!

User Info Menu

I have tried the *120# etc and just get "no network" message. Am I missing something? So I just top up a minimum amount every couple of months. Never a problem

User Info Menu

I have the cheapest little phone Digicel sells. Dug it out awhile ago to try the suggestions. Haven't touched it since I left jamaica in March. A side effect is that all kinds of good thoughts and feelings were triggered by just charging and handling the phone. Put a big smile on my face. Scrolling thru my contacts trying to remember who's who. You know servers and drivers and other folks give u their #. But I'll be there in November! Yea!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    I have tried the *120# etc and just get "no network" message. Am I missing something? So I just top up a minimum amount every couple of months. Never a problem
    You may be in an area that doesn't support Digicel roaming. It's usually T-Mobile or ATT. They are both GSM but there are areas where the Digicel SIM can't find a compatible cell tower.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave