Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Xtabi is an X for me

User Info Menu

Re: Xtabi is an X for me

Quote Originally Posted by Misti1 View Post
    You could have bought me for a dime when they stood in front of that car.
    I'm not sure what you mean by your comment. but i agree with you they had your info no reason for them to hold you at that point. and i do ask twds the end of my stay when i know im running low on funds before i sit down if they accept cc if it's someplace i haven't previously been to.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by likkle red View Post
    Just an FYI...some restraunts only accept cash....like Canoe. Best to ask before you sit down to order.
    Red I chose them that evening because they DO accept credit, that is why I went there, I DID check and I basically know who does and does not in Negril.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
    It just seems to me you are you are over reacting just a lil bit.
    No wonder you are # 2 on tripadvisor. Your post reads like a carbon copy of many of the bad reviews on trip advisor.
    ok you have your right to that opinion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newfiegirl59 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by your comment. but i agree with you they had your info no reason for them to hold you at that point. and i do ask twds the end of my stay when i know im running low on funds before i sit down if they accept cc if it's someplace i haven't previously been to.
    It means I was surprised when they went so far

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craig123 View Post
    It's not just you.
    I am sure this is all laughable to you unless this is some female you care about

User Info Menu

Miss Blue, I was just adding this as one night I went for dinner at Canoe and when it came time to pay I got out my cc and was told cash only. It was embarrassing as I figured a well advertised restraunt would accept cc. I felt that a sign should have been posted "cash only". I had to run to the ATM machine to pay for dinner!

I feel for all the aggregation Misti had to go thru at a restraunt that failed to tell her that their lines were down. I realize that it ruined her last night and morning in Negril. I stated the fact I did in this thread so those reading would know that some well established restraunts don't accept cc. I guess I should have started a new thread.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by likkle red View Post
    Miss Blue, I was just adding this as one night I went for dinner at Canoe and when it came time to pay I got out my cc and was told cash only. It was embarrassing as I figured a well advertised restraunt would accept cc. I felt that a sign should have been posted "cash only". I had to run to the ATM machine to pay for dinner!

I feel for all the aggregation Misti had to go thru at a restraunt that failed to tell her that their lines were down. I realize that it ruined her last night and morning in Negril. I stated the fact I did in this thread so those reading would know that some well established restraunts don't accept cc. I guess I should have started a new thread.
    Ok we gotcha

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newfiegirl59 View Post
    we all now know thanks to you misti that xtabi actually has a manual slide cc machine, so lord help them if this every happens while i happen to be there over the 3 month period i'm there. someone will get run over and let them call the cops.
    Yep but it took them like a whole day to remember they had it

User Info Menu

I never expected to see a quote from Charles Spurgeon, a great English preacher from 100+ years ago.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Misti1 View Post
    I did take cash.....a string of unexpected things relieved me of that cash during the course of a three month stay. We are not talking about a normal length vacation here. You stay in Jamaica from July1-Sept. 30 and see how far cash goes.
    Obviously you didn't take enjoy cash regardless of what happened to you once you got there.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*