Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Private ride -vs- Juta shared Bus ride.

User Info Menu

Private ride -vs- Juta shared Bus ride.

I like to change things up at the airport.
    Sometimes my main running buddy, Nick will pick me up at Sangsters airport
    and 5 minutes later I'm "in the Jamaica state of mind".

Sometimes, I will go straight to the Juta counter in the airport
    and request transportation to Negril.
    This can be fun too.
    "Yeah mon," the guy will say, The Juta desk is right there" on your left.

It is a shared ride in a mini Bus.
    6 to 8 folks, all going to Negril.
    You go out the back door to the Juta parking lot.

Many little colored vans lined up waiting on riders,
    The drivers in little groups talking.

Many drivers and buses loading up for the trip to wherever.
    The Juta guy may walk from one driver to the next, he will find out who is next to head out.

Your bags are placed on the bus, then you wait for it to fill up.

Just stand out side and watch the co-ordination of the drivers, coming and going.

Seems like I am always first to the Juta bus, then here come the rest of folks.
    The drivers are lively and along the way call out places of interest.

"Here is where they made this movie and that movie.

If no one is in a hurry a pit stop can be requested for food and /or drinks along the way.

The Juta Bus stops at different resorts, a nice chance to see at least the front of hotels along the way.
    My hotel is at the end of 7-mile beach and I am always the last one to be dropped off.

I get up front and ride shotgun with the driver the last 10-15 minutes.
    The price is right and I can get a little info from the driver on the latest goings on in Jamaica.

Check it out sometime.

User Info Menu

Re: Private ride -vs- Juta shared Bus ride.

How much is the bus ride?

User Info Menu

25 dollars I think? Not more than 30 for sure.

User Info Menu

Search Juta Negril and you can reserve online. I use them all the time.

User Info Menu

This seems like a good option for solo travelers but if there are two or more in your party its not much more to get a chartered ride. Is that correct?

Kevin

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Kevin, we pay about $125.00 rt tranfers but then we c an stop at the grocery store in MB and stock up before hitting Negril. We like this option for a few reasons.....
    1. have been on a Juta bus, waited 15 min., at least, for the group, had a crying baby on the ride and it seems to take forever for others to get their stuff out of the bus,plus many stops.
    2. Our driver is waiting with a icy cold 6 pack ( that we pay extra for), we stop for goceries and on our way. They will also stop in Lucea or at the market in Negril, or the China man for cases of beer.
    3. Have had some rude people onthebus nd I like to take pics soAC s not a big deal for me.
    4. If you have others it gets cheapr to share, plus other perks have been offered on the rides.
    Don't think we will ever go back to Juta, just our opinion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jan24 View Post
    Kevin, we pay about $125.00 rt tranfers but then we c an stop at the grocery store in MB and stock up before hitting Negril. We like this option for a few reasons.....
    1. have been on a Juta bus, waited 15 min., at least, for the group, had a crying baby on the ride and it seems to take forever for others to get their stuff out of the bus,plus many stops.
    2. Our driver is waiting with a icy cold 6 pack ( that we pay extra for), we stop for goceries and on our way. They will also stop in Lucea or at the market in Negril, or the China man for cases of beer.
    3. Have had some rude people onthebus nd I like to take pics soAC s not a big deal for me.
    4. If you have others it gets cheapr to share, plus other perks have been offered on the rides.
    Don't think we will ever go back to Juta, just our opinion

What he said. I'm with you all the way Jan 24. To each their own but private rides rule IMHO.