Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the first thing you do once you get settled in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: What is the first thing you do once you get settled in Negril

Take delivery of the finest cold cuts and fresh rolls, make myself a sub, enjoy it, relax, and repeat as necessary!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Drink, sweat, smoke, swim, repeat!!!
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Sex On The Beach and a Red Stripe...... at a bar of course!

User Info Menu

My bags may be settled in my room at the Rockhouse, but it will take a good half hour before I'm in there with them. Every few steps is a stop and hug or smile and chat with the extraordinary staff, starting with the front desk girls to security, to the gardeners and housekeepers that are all like family. Eventually, I get to my room, change into my swimsuit, and head to the pool. Another 1/2 hour of greetings and updates with with the pool bartenders and chef, drink my first of many dirty bananas, order snapper sandwich from the grill, connect with my crew that may have arrived before me, and settle in for the sunset with 2 for 1 drink specials. Eventually we head to Pushcart for pre-dinner drinks and live music from the mento band before our first night dinner at Rockhouse restaurant. Ahhhhhh, I can't wait for February!!

User Info Menu

Just got to Seastar,

Ordered a cheeseburger watching the EAGLES game

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

My daughter just landed in Jamaica today. I arranged for her to use Club Mobay upon arrival. So her first experience in Jamaica lasted hours in the airport LOL. I called her using viber to find out what was going on. I reached her two hours after arriving and she was having drinks in Club MoBay, said she and her boyfriend made lots of friends, and was laughing at the fact the airlines misdirected her luggage to Miami. She brushed me off and I haven't heard from her since. I imagine she eventually left Club Mobay. Sigh. Back to work up north. Totally obsessed with her being down there. Dreaming the dream.

User Info Menu

Our goal is to get to the hotel as soon as possible, so we don't bother stopping for groceries on the way in from the airport. The first thing I do once we get settled in is, hit the local market (usually L&M or Wise Choise - depending on where we are staying). We pick up some Red Stripes, water, juice and snacks to tide us over for a couple days. The first day we like to stay on the property, get reacquainted with the staff, watch the sunset, and patronize the onsite restaurant and bar for dinner. We then rest up for day 2 which is when we really get out and explore.

User Info Menu

Jim & Donna , We are with you.....We're here!!! the rest can wait.

User Info Menu

We typically unpack a little, but at that point it depends where we're staying and if we have friends in town at the time. If were on the beach we usually have friends to met up with and check out the grounds\beach, maybe have a drink at the hotel bar but usually after that is done its off to Pee Wee's for a drink and then DeBar for dinner. If were staying on the cliffs we will make a trip to the store and maybe have a drink at the hotel before heading out to Pee Wee's and DeBar.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

normally we land about 2 15 ish, have a few red stripes on the way to Rooms,the wife checks us in usually at 5 ish while i get us reaquainited with the staff and old friends staying at the resort, by the time Lisa informs me that we have our special room at 5 ish i am already comming in from a swim in the sea, except last year when i met up with pool guy windsor at Sunnyside before i took my swim, soon come