Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cliffs visit: no longer solo

User Info Menu

Cliffs visit: no longer solo

My trip just changed and my 2 college-aged nephews will be joining. Fun Uncle about to up his fun-ness factor!

Thanks to those who made suggestions on solo housing, but now my needs have changed.
    Still need A/C and a view, but haven't decided whether to get one big 2BR instead of separate rooms.

Input on current top 5 choices?:
    Catcha (most expensive, but my fav)
    Xtabi
    Le Mirage
    Sunset Cliffs
    Tensing Pen

User Info Menu

Re: Cliffs visit: no longer solo

Tensing Pen and Catcha are the best bet...their vibes are much different then the others. Xtabi has no AC only on the garden side I think, Le Mirage is also a great option as well and offer better budget. Sunset on the Cliffs not my fav....but has good views and AC. So, budget wise Le Mirage...for comfort Catcha even over Tensing Pen (expensive, but the best). Hope this helps!
    Sunny regards,

Tanya

www.SunbabyBoatReviews.com

User Info Menu

2 '' college aged nephews''..... I'd head to the beach !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    2 '' college aged nephews''..... I'd head to the beach !!
    ditto.

User Info Menu

This was my vaca first and I prefer the cliffs!
    Will send them down to the beach during the days.

User Info Menu

Well that sounds like fun...like I said before I stay at Sunset On The Cliffs..year 8 there coming up of my 22 years of stay's....every room (20 about 75ft. from itthe sea) look to the west seas making every sunset a 10....assuming the clouds don't get in the way & doing it either from your lanai or from the most excellent bar/pool raised up about 20+ ft. for a great vantage point..no disappointments here..that's for sure. A/C's a must for me too with very reasonable rates. PM me for direct line to the owner to inquire...if you'ld like...rather than go thought a travel site...things can happen & do..I see & hear it all the time on this form...& when I'm there.

User Info Menu

At tensing, you could get the red birch. It's a small cottage with two bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen, and I believe the couch in the dining area is pull out. Most of the cottage is ac, except one open air living room.

User Info Menu

Le Mirage is a very quiet hotel, so it might be a little boring for the nephews (although there are plenty of cool places within walking distance). Also, all of the rooms have either King or queen size beds, so you may have to share beds or get 3 rooms.

If money is no object, I would go for that sweet cottage at Tensing, that Hussyband talked about.

Also, Home Sweet Home has a couple of 2 bedroom suites that might work. Check out rooms #11 and #14. Again, you can probably fit three people more comfortably, if you bring an aero-bed.
    Last edited by Mike_D; 11-06-2014 at 08:08 AM.

User Info Menu

Tensing Pen is nice. But, I think it's a little too stuffy for a couple of college aged guys.

Although, it is that much closer to Shark's (across the street!) to eat!!!!!

[/url]

User Info Menu

SamSara has 1 bedroom cottages with lofts + FREE beach shuttle to Legends....
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick