Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet "radio"?

User Info Menu

Internet "radio"?

I was wondering if I can get any "internet radio" available with a WiFi connection in Negril (Pandora, Beats, Spotify, etc.), or if there's anything local that I can sign up for down there to make my beach time more musical?
    Thanks,
    Bruce

Two more sleeps...

User Info Menu

Re: Internet "radio"?

Pandora was not available in April. Not sure about Beats or Spotify.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Jerk View Post
    I was wondering if I can get any "internet radio" available with a WiFi connection in Negril (Pandora, Beats, Spotify, etc.), or if there's anything local that I can sign up for down there to make my beach time more musical?
    Thanks,
    Bruce

Two more sleeps...
    You should be able to get beach front radio.

http://www.beachfrontradio.com/listen-now

Administrator

User Info Menu

Dont forget about IRIE FM!

http://www.iriefm.net/
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I was able to use the Tune In Radio app on my phone last time I was in Negril, anywhere I had wifi access. I would assume that any internet radio app (such as Pandora, Slacker, I Heart Radio, etc) would work over wifi.

Next time I visit, I hope to be able to use it without needing Wifi, since my cell phone provider now includes free unlimited data (and texting) while in JA.

User Info Menu

Pandora, if I recall, does not work. When you connect to wifi anywhere you get assigned an IP address. Websites know what IP address you are using and will block that IP if it originates from a country they want to block. This is is often done for licensing reasons when your talking streaming media. Sometimes it's done for security reasons.

I've already used groovehshark.com in Jamaica which is a cross between a P2P sharing site and a audio streaming site. You're able to search and stream songs uploaded by other users. You can also create play lists etc. I haven't used it in a while so it may have changed. I've taken to downloading songs now that there are no licensing hassles like there were in the "old days" of mp3 downloads. This way I have a local copy in case wifi is not available. You can also use Youtube in a pinch. Ideally I would like to use Pandora in Jamaica but unless something changed or I'm mistaken, it's a "no go".

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Kevin,Pa is correct Pandora only works in the US due to Licensing, He is also correct about the IP address. Go to hide my ass vpn. For $11.52 per month there is a software program that makes the web think that your IP is in the US. I believe there are other programs out there. Good luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HarryS View Post
    I was able to use the Tune In Radio app on my phone last time I was in Negril, anywhere I had wifi access. I would assume that any internet radio app (such as Pandora, Slacker, I Heart Radio, etc) would work over wifi.

Next time I visit, I hope to be able to use it without needing Wifi, since my cell phone provider now includes free unlimited data (and texting) while in JA.
    Who is your provider?

User Info Menu

T-Mobile. I used the free data while in Europe a few months back (Holland, Belgium, France) and while I didn't have access to super fast data access (videos took forever), I was able to browse the web, use navigation, yelp, stream audio, etc for free.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Jerk View Post
    Thanks,
    Bruce

Two more sleeps...
    I was able to stream Sirius XM on my phone anywhere with wifi. had Hair Nation and Rock nation on for weeks straight this year at xtabi bar

Children Are Our Tomorrow !