Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cliffs for a day...

User Info Menu

cliffs for a day...

I'm regretting not booking a couple days on the cliffs this trip. Any suggestions on what cliff properties I could visit and enjoy for a couple hrs? Have drinks/meal ,swim and relax at?? Irie

User Info Menu

Re: cliffs for a day...

Xtabi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Xtabi
    This .......hands down
    Bar b barn '10 Catcha '11 BCC '13 Moonlight 14' Xtabi 14' HSH 15' Catcha 15'

User Info Menu

escape is also a nice spot to hang for the day, they welcome the visitors, as does Xtabi...

User Info Menu

You can also visit Blue Cave Castle and have a meal at Teddy's which is on the property.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin, PA View Post
    You can also visit Blue Cave Castle and have a meal at Teddy's which is on the property.
    We were just in Negril the 2nd week of November. I wanted to check out BCC and Teddy's in particular, but I wasn't sure if it was even open. The gate was always closed and honestly it felt a little unwelcoming. In the past, I noticed that there was a separate gate by Teddy's, where they kept the top half of the gate open so that you can see into the property (if I'm not mistaken there was even a "Teddy's" sign above the gate). This year, the gate was not open and it may have been sealed shut.

It might be because it was still slow season, but as I said, I couldn't tell if the restaurant was open. And I walked by there daily as I stayed at Home Sweet Home. Or it might just be that I was not familiar with the protocol and had to knock on the gate, or something.

User Info Menu

Is Teddy staying at BCC? I thought he was leaving?

User Info Menu

Xtabi dwellers here - but we really enjoy a visit to Negril Escape too!

User Info Menu

BCC keeps their gate closed and Teddy will too. Yes it does seem uninviting and private but if you walk up to the main gate security will let you in or just Yell for Teddy through his gate. Once inside you can go to Teddy's, he has tables in the back that are covered but you are free to sit in the "courtyard" of the castle and Teddy will serve you out there. The view is really nice out there. If you want to see rooms etc, you can ask for Petrona in the office. Things should feel much more "warm and inviting" once you're in the gate.

Last I heard Teddy is still cooking at the Castle.
    Last edited by Kevin, PA; 11-25-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

That's good to know, Kevin. We'll definitely stop by next time.

On a previous trip we stopped by the Castle, as we wanted to try out Teddy's. While we stood at the gate trying to figure out how to get in, a security guard opened it up poked his head out. I asked if the restaurant was open and he told us to hold on as he closed the gates and disappeared for a few seconds. He came back and told us it was closed and that we should stop by the next day. Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to return during that trip.