Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sea wind question

User Info Menu

Sea wind question

We are booked for sea wind for a few beach days in later December. Just saw an odd post on another site to 'check reservations' there ASAP.
    Anyone know if something is going on there? I've been off the grid for awhile and this is not what I needed to see tonight. Hoping it was just a disgruntled guest?!
    Help or info greatly appreciated!
    2001-Sandals, 2003-Sandals, 2004-NBCC, 2005-NBCC, 2006-Xtabi, 2007-NBCC, 2008-NBCC, 2008-Xtabi, 2009-NBCC, 2010-Blue Cave Castle, 2010-NBCC, 2013-Sea Wind, 2014-Catcha Falling Star, 2014-Rayon, 2015-Catcha Falling Star

User Info Menu

Re: Sea wind question

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin gal View Post
    We are booked for sea wind for a few beach days in later December. Just saw an odd post on another site to 'check reservations' there ASAP.
    Anyone know if something is going on there? I've been off the grid for awhile and this is not what I needed to see tonight. Hoping it was just a disgruntled guest?!
    Help or info greatly appreciated!
    I just interviewed staff that are out of a job there. Check to see if hotel will be up and running

User Info Menu

Just read on Facebook that management, staff and guests were evicted by police and property was looted. Not trying to spread rumors, just reporting what I read. Doesn't sound good.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Walleye that's what I saw as well. Just can't believe that the guests there wouldn't be reporting loudly if they were evicted yesterday. Can anyone assist with learning if this is factual?
    I called Sea Wind this morning and talked to a security guard... The only person who answered the phone. He was evasive....
    2001-Sandals, 2003-Sandals, 2004-NBCC, 2005-NBCC, 2006-Xtabi, 2007-NBCC, 2008-NBCC, 2008-Xtabi, 2009-NBCC, 2010-Blue Cave Castle, 2010-NBCC, 2013-Sea Wind, 2014-Catcha Falling Star, 2014-Rayon, 2015-Catcha Falling Star

User Info Menu

Wisconsin Gal...we have a few things to check on today....we'll be happy to drop by there for you...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Checked my email this morning and had a few resumes and received a call for a job with Negril.com from former Sea Wind employees.

Ras Walleye's account is essentially accurate. Sea Wind's foreign leasee's faced a forced eviction. What a shame that these workers are now unemployed just before the Christmas season.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We are booked there for Feb 15 thru March 1 with a deposit of $410.00 USD booked straight through hotel. Our airfare is booked and paid. Have emailed them with no response yet.
    Rob- would it be safe to say that we need to find another hotel? Sea Wind has been our "home away from home" for several a years now.
    Thanks for anything you can share about the situation. We don't know what to do!

Administrator

User Info Menu

KM - yes.... if you need further help my number is 876-423-5479

User Info Menu

Rob- we are there at Christmas before we head to cliffs.
    How would you suggest we try to get $$ back? (Ok, all....stop laughing.....). Seriously, any hope of getting $$$ other than dealing with my cc company?
    I secured a new room last night (will be giving big props to this hotel shortly!!!)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Wisc gal,

The credit card company would be your best option at this point. I know the actual owner of the property, but I would imagine all the reservation and money issues were being handled by the now evicted foreign leasees. They would be responsible for refunds, not the owner of the land.