Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Only 3 nights in Negril. What would you do?

User Info Menu

Only 3 nights in Negril. What would you do?

I'm attending a conference in Orlando, when it is over catching a flight into Mobay arriving mid pm on Thursday Feb 26. Travelling solo, unfortuately this reach can only stay for 3 sunsets and 3 sunrises? Stayed in Negril for the first time last year and have a feel for the scene. Will be at Whitesands, and on the Friday bar crawl. I enjoy live music, and prefer the local food and beverage scene.
    Any suggestions to maximize my limited time, What would you do?
    Peace & Love

User Info Menu

Re: Only 3 nights in Negril. What would you do?

Smiley, nice choice to stay at the White Sands perfect place for the solo traveler, I'm going on the bus crawl on Friday as well, so see ya there. After the bus crawl, on a Friday
    night, Alfreds has a nice reggae band right on the beach .

User Info Menu

There ya go! ^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

3 nights in Negril? I'd do the pub crawl one night (as you are doing). During the day, I'd switch between sitting in a lounge chair and walking up and down the beach to check out the different bars. I'd feast on patties, jerk pork & chicken and fresh fruit - washing it all down with cold Red Stripes or Rum & Tings! After the sun sets, I'd play it by ear based on my mood. You'll meet plenty of people at White Sands to hang out with if you want! Definitely stop by Sunnyside for some beverages!

User Info Menu

Just got back a couple of weeks ago and went to Drifters afternoon jam sessions on Wed and Friday. Fantastic live music with Luddy Samms, local singers and local musicians as well as whoever else is in town (a guitarist from Toronto was there both afternoons). It's only Wed, Fri and Sun from 3:00-7:00, so looks like you'll miss it going on the pub crawl (unless you inquire if Lenbert's doing a crawl Thurs or Sat that you could switch to). Bar crawl is fun, but the live music and vibe at Drifters was the most fun I've had anywhere in Negril. Awesome, 2 for 1 rum punches at $400j and buckets of 6 red stripe for about $1300j.

User Info Menu

Oh, stop at Yellow Bird during the day for 2 for 1 @ $400j drink specials. Best dirty bananas on the beach and I tried their papaya margaritas which were also amazing.

User Info Menu

Melody, do you know if the live music at Drifter's is all the time? I'll be in Negril in May and I know things start to slow down. I'd love to check it out!

User Info Menu

Smiley I will be at the bar at the White Sands from Feb 19 - Mar 7 stop by and say hi my name is John
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Some great ideas...keep em coming! jojo p see you on the crawl, takinitslow see you at the bar..

User Info Menu

I always make my way to the west end at least once every stay. Take a cab up to Eddies De Bar for chicken or 3-dives for dinner. I recommend the curry goat. From there walk next door to Xtabi for drinks and conversation. Make sure to check out the caves while you are there. From there make your way back north. Stop at the german bar at Mary's Bay if you're hungry for pizza, it's the best I've had in Negril. Then walk down to Canoe, always seems to be lively there in the early evening. By then the live music will be cranking up on the beach. Talk to Tony or Paul bartending at White Sands, they know where all the entertainment is playing.