Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: * * * * * * ~~ ~ ~ Languid Days, the Green Flash and Star Filled Nights ~ ~ ~ * * * *

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * ~~ ~ ~ Languid Days, the Green Flash and Star Filled Nights ~ ~ ~ * *

Glad to hear you are there and enjoying yourself. I sure hope you have another book in the works, I just read Night Nurse last nite.

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * ~~ ~ ~ Languid Days, the Green Flash and Star Filled Nights ~ ~ ~ * *

Yea our fun has started.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Tuesday Update

Sorry on the tardiness, but I’ve been out looking for my groove. Haven’t found it yet.

The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful. Really, it’s classic Negril weather, clear, hot and calm. The waters of the bay are flat. It is so nice to swim the buoy line without having jet skis ripping by 10 feet away.

On my swim this morning I was tooling along, in the bubble/swoosh zone, when I noticed a little piece of seaweed floating by the right side of my face. Normal thing. But it was still there several strokes later. I looked a little closer and saw that it was actually a little fish, about two inches long, who had decided to accompany me. He stayed with me, tucked right beside my cheek, until I finished. Cute.

It’s February, so the beach is packed. On my walk this morning I ran into several old timers, including PGW, who got in during the rain last night. He’s only here for a week, but will be back soon. Why doesn’t he just move here?
    So I was in the Value Master looking at rum. I saw a jug (1.75 Liters) of Appleton there for $3,160.00JMD. When we were in Florida in December I bought the same size for $17.50US in Winn Dixie. Can anybody explain why Jamaican rum is cheaper in Florida than in Jamaica?

The Super Bowl was great. Lots of people all up and down the beach. I was with Google. We watched the 1st half at White Sands and the second while reclining in beach lounges at Sandy Haven. It was fun and the right team won, too.

- Sea Splash has replaced their thatched roof with some plastic looking tile.

- Country Country hasn’t yet cleared away the rubble from the burned down restaurant. There is a fence hiding it.

- CoCo La Palm has a new ‘motel style’ row of rooms that have been constructed where the older section of the resort used to be.

- the beach is really wide

- the sidewalk project has re-started, but the work is being done up by Ozzies. Looks like they plan to work from the north.

Bear with me a bit until I find my groove, I know it’s out there . . .

I need to get my camera out and post some photos.

Likkle more
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Nice report K. Cant wait to get my butt down there. We had 133cms of snow here in a week! I think I will just miss meeting you....again. ( sigh)
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Thanks for the report!! Pictures, YES PLEASE ;0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna3 View Post
    Tuesday Update

- Country Country hasn’t yet cleared away the rubble from the burned down restaurant. There is a fence hiding it.
    Thanks for the updates! I read in another post that they had rebuilt the old bar right at the water (not referring to the new restaurant). Is that in a different spot then?

User Info Menu

Great news about the sidewalk!

Looking forward to more...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sher View Post
    Thanks for the updates! I read in another post that they had rebuilt the old bar right at the water (not referring to the new restaurant). Is that in a different spot then?
    The new bar is where the bathroom was, directly next to room 515. Do yourself a favor and do not ever book 515, unless you want noise till 10:30-11 at night and at 5 in the morning. The new bar is nice, but farther from the wata compared to the old bar. At least they left some beach in case the sand moves again.

User Info Menu

Kahuna. I would really like to meet you. I read "Walk Good" about 6 times, and Negril sunset . I wore out walk good and had to buy another one. How long are you there for? We get to Negril Feb. 26. @ NTH. Respect. Rock n roll farmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    Kahuna. I would really like to meet you. I read "Walk Good" about 6 times, and Negril sunset . I wore out walk good and had to buy another one. How long are you there for? We get to Negril Feb. 26. @ NTH. Respect. Rock n roll farmer
    I be happy to meet you. I'll be here until mid March. I walk by NTH almost everyday - not hard to spot: old dude, 6'2", buck ninety-five, camo full brim hat, looks lost. Just call me over.
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'