Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: * * * * * * ~~ ~ ~ Languid Days, the Green Flash and Star Filled Nights ~ ~ ~ * * * *

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

* * * * * * ~~ ~ ~ Languid Days, the Green Flash and Star Filled Nights ~ ~ ~ * * * *

This trip I would love to see another green flash. Just one would do me.

I saw my first two green flashes – ever – during my last reach. I wrote about it in my Negril.com blog last season (Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas). Up until that point I was a sceptic. I thought that ‘The Green Flash’ that I’d heard so much about was maybe a rum-fueled apparition. Or maybe something that you’d see after you’d been staring at the sun for fifteen minutes. Of the hundreds and hundreds of sunsets that I’d watched – nary one green flash did I see. But last February I joined the Green Flash brethren and I put a tick beside the ‘Green Flash’ entry in my mental bucket list.

I’ll always remember it. Archie called it. He was standing right beside me up on the White Sands sun deck. “Here it comes”, he said, pointing at the small crescent of sun that was rapidly sinking into the flat water on the western horizon. “Three! Two! One! . . . BLAM!”

And there it was. The Green Flash. Yup. No doubt about it. It was cool, but it wasn’t what I expected. We cheered our good fortune and clinked bottles.

But that was last year. What about this year?

Another trip to Negril begins Saturday. Those of you who read my blog last year might recall that it was an epic trip (well, I thought it was - and I held back ). Who knows what beach-side adventures the next six weeks will hold?

As usual I’ve had an internal debate as to whether I would post this year. You see, posting a trip report is a commitment. Posting a real-time trip report is even more challenging. It’s a bit of a flier. What if there is nothing interesting to write about? It becomes a beast that must be fed. Ask anyone who has done it.

To make it worse, I’m a little OCD about my prose. I don’t feel comfortable posting things that I haven’t had the chance to mull over and edit several times. But, for better or worse, I’ve once again succumbed to my Negril.com habit.

I get in late Saturday. Maybe have an update on Sunday night or Monday.

No promises, it could be boring as hell. Maybe I’ll just end up rambling. We’ll see how it goes.
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * ~~ ~ ~ Languid Days, the Green Flash and Star Filled Nights ~ ~ ~ * *

I'm glad to read that you are going back, after last year I wasn't sure. I've had trips like that, although nothing of what you experienced. So, you just ramble all you like in your writings, I'll be happy to read it all. And I sure hope you get to see another 'Green Flash'.

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * ~~ ~ ~ Languid Days, the Green Flash and Star Filled Nights ~ ~ ~ * *

Welcome back Kahuna! I was hoping that you would return and would write another report!

Administrator

User Info Menu

You cant keep a good writer down!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

This is great news. I doubt it will be boring as hell, and I do hope you get to see another green flash. Good luck on your adventures and don't hold back.

User Info Menu

We would love to read another Kahuna report!
    However; you should enjoy your trip to the maximum and do what is best for you. After all; 'Time keeps on slippin; into the future'.

User Info Menu

Looking forward to it, but Big_frank is right - you have to do what's best for you...

User Info Menu

I just booked on Monday for next week, almost missed a February trip this year..... But it's looking like its gonna be an action packed week in Negril!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Our Paradise has a darkside, but it is still Paradise! Glad to see you getting back on the horse that threw you last year. Looking forward to some more....

VVHT

User Info Menu

I'll buy you a drink if you explain the "Green Flash".