Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your best vaule AI? and why?

User Info Menu

Re: What's your best vaule AI? and why?

I too vote for the Grand Pineapple. The staff, the rooms, the grounds, the bar, are a great choice. You will need to book a long time ahead if you want to go during the high season but you can't beat the cost. We just can back from our 7th trip to the pineapple. I don't have my newest video done yet but here is a link to last years. Not all Pineapple but it gives you a look at the grounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfSNLCZ52KY
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Amen...brother!

User Info Menu

Have always been happy with my stays at Legends & SamSara ~~ the A/I option won't break the bank & you can still go "out" and not feel guilty about doing so ~~
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Depending on your budget...Charela offers full or partial AI plans. Quite a bit pricier than GP but your choice of rooms, several sea view, and really good food and drinks. Beautiful beach and good service. Negrilonestop has good AI packages for Charela beginning for May stays (at least they typically do).

User Info Menu

Stayed at Grand Pineapple in December and am trying to book it again for next december.��
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

That depends on your definition of value. In my opinion, Couples offers the best value... accommodation, drinks, food, amenities, activities... and if you narrow that to SweptAway, you are closer in to Negril, on the main beach, etc.

HOWEVER... That value is coming in at ever rising price points. This trip, our second week of our Negril vacation is going to cost us north of $500 per night in an Atrium suite. That's enough to make me choke... this will probably be our last stay there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    That depends on your definition of value. In my opinion, Couples offers the best value... accommodation, drinks, food, amenities, activities... and if you narrow that to SweptAway, you are closer in to Negril, on the main beach, etc.

HOWEVER... That value is coming in at ever rising price points. This trip, our second week of our Negril vacation is going to cost us north of $500 per night in an Atrium suite. That's enough to make me choke... this will probably be our last stay there.
    I was just doing the math last night after reviewing my notes from last February's trip. We stay at Country Country which with all taxes and breakfast included runs right about $200/night in high season. We spent an additional $140/day for the 2 of us. That includes all other meals, beverages, taxis, tips plus some booze and jewelry purchased at Mobay on the return. Granted couples will also include watersports for those that use that but I'm sure if we wanted to do watersports on our own there is enough left over to still be under $500/day.
    Last edited by Homebrewer; 02-17-2015 at 01:00 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    I was just doing the math last night after reviewing my notes from last February's trip. We stay at Country Country which with all taxes and breakfast included runs right about $200/night in high season. We spent an additional $140/day for the 2 of us. That includes all other meals, beverages, taxis, tips plus some booze and jewelry purchased at Mobay on the return. Granted couples will also include watersports for those that use that but I'm sure if we wanted to do watersports on our own there is enough left over to still be under $500/day.
    You illustrate my point nicely. Couples notes that their "inclusives", like snorkeling, diving (if you're certified), glass bottom boat tours, cat cruise, etc., add up to some $1725 USD... ok, fair enuff... IF you use 'em all. And after many visits to SweptAway, I can say "Been there, Done that" for a lot of the extras. Don't get me wrong... I love the place to death, and the "no kids" bonus IS real, but if we keep going there, its gonna cut into our Negril time. And rolling your own "inclusive" package, as you note, begins to make more sense to me...

User Info Menu

I confess I am a serial multiple repeat offender to Negril so as much as I like A place such as Swept Away..I put the same money spent toward a second and third trip a year in winter to get my fix ..break up the winter ..go multiple times..same outlay as one expensive AI trip

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    I confess I am a serial multiple repeat offender to Negril so as much as I like A place such as Swept Away..I put the same money spent toward a second and third trip a year in winter to get my fix ..break up the winter ..go multiple times..same outlay as one expensive AI trip
    Believe me... I'm beginning to see the wisdom in that!