Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can I do a trip report too??

User Info Menu

Can I do a trip report too??

Thanks! 12 timer Negril, and first time trip report on this awesome website! Cheers to our founding father Rob! Anyhoo, here we go. {now, this is back from Dec.'14, so bear with me}. Drove to Minneapolis Sunday Dec. 7th, and had a 5:10 departure on Monday morning. Off we go, no weather problems, and then to Charlotte. It was a quick layover, that's nice. Then 2. 5 hours to Mobay. Went thru customs quick, and Luke from Kenny's was there waiting for us. We rode with a couple from Miami, older couple, but full of life experiences to share with us. We arrived at NTH at 3:00, and met up with our friends from there like Jermaine, Valdeen and of course Gail. We also ran into a nice lady we had met from a previous stay at NTH. A retired teacher, Sandra from Texas. So, it was cool to talk with her again. We had a great room with a fridge, stove, microwave, toaster oven, etc. We arrived at a good time, so the wifey could quick head to the beach to lay out and work on the tan. I went to look for fargoman, he was staying at CCLP, and lo and behold there he was at the bar!! Good happy hour there. For supper , we went to Best in The West for the jerk chicken. A good way to start out the trip! Then went to the grocery store for some supplies. The Midway Mart. Then time for bed. Tuesday. I always try to wake up at sunrise, to head down to the sea with a cup of coffee. It is my favorite time of day. Quiet and a good time to reflect and be thankful we are able to come here to paradise. Deb likes to sleep in, and that's o.k. The first thing I see out in the ocean is a HUGE oil tanker! I have a camcorder, so it's cool to zoom in on those big ships. The breakfast at NTH is great. They do a good job of changing the menu from day to day, so that is nice. Of course there is the usual omelettes, fruit, Callaloo, porridge, grits. but then there sometimes broadbeans in a sauce, curried chicken, brown stewed chicken, bacon, chocolate chip waffles, Am I making you hungry? After breakfast, time to hit the beach, hung out with 3 younger people from Canada. Toronto I believe. We took a long walk to the right up to Cosmos and back. The beach in front of CSA is HUGE! After we got back, we bought some Patties from Norman. Usually he doesn't get down this far, but it's early December and not that busy. But during the high season, he doesn't get very far and sell out. We ran into Irman, we talked for a bit. I really like Irmine. He doesn't ask me for anything, he like ice cold Red Stripe, and I'm happy to help him out with that, cause I kinda feel we have a music kinship. He knows the music, but not so much the artist names. I've been a music junkie for 43 years, plus am a mobile D.J. It's my passion. Not really into fishin' {not quite the son my Dad had hoped for} I think I'm an alright guy. That's a cool song by Todd Snider by the way. Then we ran into the world famous "Skip"!!! He's a hoot! and is a good friend, he's gonna come down to our place this summer on his Harley. Then we lined up a night out with fargoman and BJ. We went to The Blue Mahoe @ the Spa retreat. This is the resort where Kitty {Sarah} 101 years old. Her son owns the Retreat. They are from Canada. There was a group of kids there partying for their wedding the next day. It was fun. Time to head back to NTH and call it a day. If you're o.k. with my trip report, I'll continue some other time. I gotta get ready for work, I have a gig tonight doing a Mardi Gras party at a small bar called Hattie Shack's in Alberta Mn. Gotta get the beads ready!!!! Yippee! Yamon' down in the Treme......

User Info Menu

Re: Can I do a trip report too??

what is NTH?

User Info Menu

negril treehouse

[/url]

User Info Menu

Nice job farmer. More please!

User Info Menu

I think I can crank out one more day of my meanderings. Sorry JitterBug, yeah Negril Tree House. So, here we are to Wednesday. Up early again. Very windy right away in the morning. Shoot. But, the sun is very hot hot hot! Talked with Sonja again, she's from Fort Worth. Valdeen and Stacy are our servers this morning. Might have breakfast with fargoman, as he is leaving tomorrow. We made reservations with Lenbert for the one love bus today. It'll be nice to see him again. I've been bringing him music for the last 4 years, so, if you don't like the tunes.....whatever. Just smile mon' go wit da flow. Lenbert loves Abba and dancing queen. Sorry, Lenbert. I called Garnett last night, Garnett and his family, we've know them for 7 years now. they live by Likkle London. Great guy, works in Bloody Bay. They are going to stay with us one night @NTH. We've always went to their place, but this reach we decided to have them stay with us. Today's breakfast is super. Went downtown to get more supplies etc. Beer at China man store, change money at cambio etc. It's fun to walk around downtown. Then we just hung out on da beach til time for Lenbert to pick us up. Then he was here! He does a pretty good job of being on time. Plus, he does two groups of people all in the same trip. I wouldn't be able to keep it straight. I gave Lenbert a Santa Clause hat, the usual killer music cds, plus a Jamaican flag for his son. There were probably 40 people on board. It was full! The bus is fun, in the fact that when you get on, there are some people who have never done the pub crawl {and maybe don't know what they are getting themselves into??} And of course , nobody knows each other, and most everybody is quiet and shy, depending on how much they've had to drink at this point in the day. So, were off to see the wizard..???? no no no. We went to the usual bars. No Seastar this trip. But, we ent to a place place the lighthouse, where I've never been. Just Natural, it's cool to walk around in the woods there. It was fun, and the trip back...Nobody was quiet and shy anymore!! That's the cool thing about this trip, at the start, like I mentioned nobody knows anybody, but on the return trip, it's like we are best buds now. Deb and I had supper at NTH, and we retired early. Seems to happen that way after the One Love bus pub crawl... Tomorrow is another day. You still with me? Hope so, we've went too far now. Bye. oh, by the way Garnett and his family will be staying with us Friday night.

User Info Menu

Lost me with lack of paragraphs. Hoping you had a great trip.....

User Info Menu

I'll try to do paragraphs, remember, I'm a newbie with the trip report. sorry

User Info Menu

"There were probably 40 people on board. It was full! The bus is fun, in the fact that when you get on, there are some people who have never done the pub crawl {and maybe don't know what they are getting themselves into??} And of course , nobody knows each other, and most everybody is quiet and shy, depending on how much they've had to drink at this point in the day. "

There were actually 48 people on board, I was on the opposite trip and counted how many got off at Jus Natural.

User Info Menu

Great stuff!! Any pics?
    Missing Jamaica

User Info Menu

Good Morning Sunshine! I'm back. Sure had a lot of fun at my Mardi Gras party last night! The girls didn't even have to do anything to get beads! jimnkim, yeah I have lots of pictures, haven't mastered putting them on here tough. I try to be descriptive so you can get a pretty good picture in your mind. Here we are to Thursday Dec. 11. I've been doing good getting up early, let my beauty queen sleep in. After my beach walk with a walkin' coffee, we had breakfast with Jessie. The different dish today was ham & bacon egg/bake. Some people might call it quiche? Real men eat quiche ...right? Anyhoo, I had 3 pieces. Don't worry, sounds like I'm a pig, but there was lots of it.
    Today I wanted to go to Bloody Bay to find Garnett. Off I go, and had a disagreement with the taxi driver, and I got took. Dang it. I knew I was right, but in the end, he was off and there I was left standing. Gotta get smarter in some situations. I can be gullible, I guess. So, I cooled off and finally made it to Office of Nature. Same bartender was there, Tamika. Gave some cucumber seeds to Cockie {Phil} He loves cucumbers! Plus then he always has of his "guys" give me a ride back to NTH. I found Garnett, and we made sure the details were set for him, Camesha, Colleen and Carla to stay with us Friday night. They just need to get a taxi from Likkle London. We said our goodbyes, and I continued walking in Bloody Bay.
    Then there was a musician that sounded like a guy I remembered from a couple years ago there. I went up to him, looked him in the eyes, and lo and behold it was Kevin Sterling! I recognized his singing and guitar playing, but I didn't recognize him, because he was growing dreads! The time a few years ago, we had good talks. I think he remembered me. The thing about Kevin that is so amazing, he is very adept at many styles of music. R+B, oldies, BOB, etc. {I will be getting a huge surprise Saturday night at Seastar!} So, I left Kevin to continue his job of entertaining along the beach in Bloody Bay. I did tell him, I would bring him some music in Feb.
    Went back to NTH, to join Deb laying on the beach. Norman came by, bought some veggie patties and coco bread. Man, that coco bread is so delicious! Hung out with those three young people from Canada. Didn't catch their names, but they seem very nice and hip! They are really getting into the Negril laid back vibe mon' Evryting Irie! We enjoy our talks with Bj also. We went for a beach walk to the left. Had a run in with a very disrespectful guy. Gosh I got mad, but I didn't let it ruin my day. Thanks Deb for helping diffuse that situation. Dang it...got get smarter!!!
    We went to Sunnyside bar. Odie was the bartender. He is a cool guy, we joked about fargoman. We could do that right?? He had to go home to the great white nort. Not Canada, but close. Myrna's grocery store is closed man! Geez sure miss that nice likkle store. Then we said goodbye to Odie, and went back to CCLP for happy hour and dirty bananas and hummingbirds. They are addicting. We met up with a couple from Florida. The lady designed the interior or something like that for the new additions to Coco. Man, could she talk! Maybe she liked the hummingbirds way too much!
    Then we went back to NTH, ordered fish fingers & fries to eat on our porch or veranda?? It's a porch in Minnesota. Time to hit the hay! It's 8:30. Tomorrow Garnett's family comes to stay with us.
    Later gator...after awhile crocodile!