Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: One Love Pub Crawl

User Info Menu

Re: One Love Pub Crawl

PLEASE do not forget to TIP the driver Lembert, as he works off tips.....................10.00 each is what we did.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

It's a fun time and you meet some great peeps and get to check out some places you may not be familiar with. But along with tipping Lembert the driver, be sure to tip at the bars you stop at. And be respectful and polite and don't haggle over prices. I know the owners of several of the stops the day we did it and they confided that some times the bus crowd can be hard to deal with. By the end you have a bus full of drunks having fun and that can some times be difficult. Also keep in mind that if you are not a big drinker, by the end you will be the sober one on that bus full of drunks which can be less fun. All that being said it is a good time. Go, have fun, but be respectful of the establishments and other patrons.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

ROLF
    You said it pefert , nice job

User Info Menu

We took the One Love Bus trip yesterday. We had 40 people packed on the bus and it was a Hoot. We started at the Red Dragon and then moved on to 5 other stops including the one on the back road shack. This was a stop that many if not all would never have done or seen if not for Lembert and the One Love Bus. I was the first off the bus and the very next lady off spotted a young girl about 3 years old, walk up to her and said, "you are so cute" and pooped $50 in her hand. This little girl was too young to even know how to beg but watched quietly as every body got off the bus. She then got on the and leaned out and open window while us tourists took her picture for $50 more each picture. The next thing we know about six kids age 9 to maybe 12, are around asking for money. This kids then met us at our next stop (running all the way) and even saw us when the bus stopped for supper at AhhhBee's.

The point being, are we as tourists not to blame for starting the problem, and I'm pretty sure that the problem (if it is a problem) has gone too far to stop. Point number 2 is.....it's $50J that I would hope goes to the family, and don't be offended by something that we(as tourists) started.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    Walk up to her and said, "you are so cute" and pooped $50 in her hand. The point being, are we as tourists not to blame for starting the problem, and I'm pretty sure that the problem (if it is a problem) has gone too far to stop. Point number 2 is.....it's $50J that I would hope goes to the family, and don't be offended by something that we(as tourists) started.
    I have never seen someone poop a $50 bill or, actually, any bill.

What is this "we" as tourists business? "I" don't give money out to children (exception being a sweet given as change at a store) or anyone except close friends or for actual services rendered like a taxi, room cleaning etc. Before you pay a child for pictures perhaps it would be good to get the okay from their parents, don't you think? Yes, "you" and other's like you do share some of the blame and "no" it has not gone too far to stop. You can't be surprised that children chased you down as you were just giving out money, can you?

If you give a child the equivalent of 50 cents, do you really think it will be taken back to the family?

Perhaps it would have been better to take up a collection from the bus patrons and have Lenbert drop you by and give the money to Father Jim who would know how to get it to the people with the greatest need.

This only makes it harder for others to have a "no beggy-beggy" trip.

Just my personal opinion. No disrespect meant.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

No disrespect taken. I look forward to any and all of your input to this forum Accompong but please don't get what I had to say wrong. I do not hand out money in any circumstance. Instead I choose to give to the Jamaican United Way and I make a healthy donation to Father Jim every year. This way the community as a whole gains, but I can not nor should not influence anyone else that I do not know on that bus into not giving money to kids. I could not agree with you any more about asking the parents if money could be giving but these people were putting money in this little girls hand before even she knew what was going on.

The point that I was trying to make was, one poster to this threat said that the kids begging money was a "real downer". I just wanted to say, don't be offended by a problem that was created by us as tourists.

User Info Menu

When you ride through the Smoky mountains there are signs everywhere that say *Don't feed the Bears*. I enjoyed feeding the bears when I was little. Then one day a Ranger explained the need for the signs. He said if the tourists feed the bears they will stop hunting and will depend on hand - outs for food. They will never learn to hunt and will starve.

User Info Menu

jokingly said,
    if you feed the children money, how will they learn how to rob people when they grow up?

User Info Menu

I can't quit laughing at $50 being pooped into the little girls hand. Yes, I have a 3rd grade sense of humor!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

I assume we're speaking of Firewater. We like to go there for sunset. I don't recall the children ever asking for money other than tips for cliff divers the one time. They are always there selling bracelets and/or candy bars. We like to get there before the pub crawl. It's usually very quiet with not much going on. Then its like the circus is rolling into town when its time for "di bus", as I've heard the locals refer to it as. The kids usually arrive shortly before or just behind the bus. Within minutes it turns into a bustling marketplace filled with intoxicated guests. Once the pub crawl leaves it gets quiet again. It was a bit busier before and after the crawl this year. It's interesting to see the change in scenes after having first experiencing it on the crawl ourselves.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15