Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: One Love Pub Crawl

User Info Menu

Re: One Love Pub Crawl

Well said Accompong.

I wonder if there is a connection between people being handing free money, asking/begging for free money if it is not offered and getting upset when it's not giving leading to taking by force? I'm thinking of the older kids and adults that ask all nice for money and then turning nasty when their nice efforts don't work. IMHO, giving to father Jim is better than imprinting that tourist are Santa Claus.

User Info Menu

Is there normally a pretty good crowd on the bus?

User Info Menu

Ryan, I've done the crawl 3 times and by the end of the night people are standing in the aisle because it's so full! Sometimes people just jump on and continue with the group. Always a fun time, laughing and singing, especially when the disco music starts playing!

User Info Menu

Hey all just got back from our recent trip yesterday, just wanted to chime in on our last trip with Lenbert, a few weeks ago, it was our 3rd. ride on the bus and by far the LEAST enjoyable of our rides. The bus holds 20 ppl comfortably, when you have 40 ppl it's not FUN, it's like being a sardine in a can, and it just gets worse the drunker everyone gets, the AC on the bus quit working and the places we went to where dumps, Horizon West and Negril Escape are 2 examples. He actually had well over 40 ppl. booked that day as he was doing shifts he would drop one group of some where and leave them and go get the other group so some places we would be at for more than half hour I think we only went to 4 places. It's sad to say but I think Lenbert is getting to greedy.

User Info Menu

Sounds bad and can walk the West End or cab it and go to bars of your choice and avoid dumps.

User Info Menu

That doesn't sound like much fun, newfiegirl59. I'm surprised to hear that Horizon West was a dump. I haven't been there in its current incarnation, but I used to like it when it was called Blue Horizon. I would have thought that they did some renovations since it was closed for a while.

Not a big fan of Negril Escape. Stayed there once and probably won't go back anytime soon. However, I know it was popular with the pub crawl crowd as there was always one or two people who jumped off the lighthouse.

As BostonBob said, if we didn't like a place we just walked somewhere else. For example - when we get tired of Sir D's we just walk across the street to Sexy Rexy's where there are no crowds.

User Info Menu

Tell Lenbert you really like the music he plays, and where he got it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    Tell Lenbert you really like the music he plays, and where he got it.
    You're so funny Rocknrollfarmer, I know he got most of the music from you & some from THE LOUD ONE aka my daughter. I would say the music was the best part of my last trip on da bus. I think next time I'm gonna get a bunch of ppl. together and see if he can do a personalised bar crawl, with no more ppl. than the bus actually holds.

User Info Menu

Pub crawl is a good way for new visitors to get acclimated with the surroundings. I had fun when I did it, but I find wandering on my own 2 feet much more enjoyable.

User Info Menu

you should never feel like that on your vacation...if u are not having a good time, u can always save the tip u were planning on giving him, get off at the next stop and call your driver to take u home..so many options...I agree that over booking is becoming an issue...but u control that, get off and dont pay....adapt and overcome...
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet