Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How much cash? Where do you hide it?

User Info Menu

Re: How much cash? Where do you hide it?

Quote Originally Posted by IRIEchic View Post
    I hope there's no criminals on this post they getting first hand where folks keep there stash...IJS
    It's funny how quick common sense is lost -- Thank you for posting this as it made me go back and edit my original post.

User Info Menu

Pacsafe aside, I created my own travel safe from an old metal electronics box. Add in a cable and lock, and you're good. It just needs to be difficult to access, not impossible! never a problem with packing it either...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by plongdin View Post
    I had posted on the board in January about a problem at the ATM - I had tried 3 times to withdraw cash and not gotten any, but it had debited my account each time. I was quite panicked when the Scotia Bank didn't even take my info - telling me it would "correct itself in 2 days" so turned to the board to get some peace of mind. That was given, and rightly so because the account was indeed credited in 2 days I did learn that the NCB bank where I went as a second choice, charged only a 1/3 of what Scotia Bank had and I was glad that my husband and I take cards from 2 different accounts because while mine failed, his worked fine.
    Good to hear your account properly credited!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STRIPER View Post
    Yes,DEFINATELY the room safe,also cut the amount of clothes you're bringing in half and double the amount of cash!ya mon,be safe,have fun,soon come
    Striper that's the most accurate advice I've heard! So true!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    It's funny how quick common sense is lost -- Thank you for posting this as it made me go back and edit my original post.
    No problem Jamerican71...I was just about to post myself and then thought...Hmmm do I really want people to know where I keep the moolah..LOL
    Happy Travels!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Bring cash some large bills . 1 credit card for 911 only. Exchange the large bills for J's. Use the room safe and sleep with the safe key. 1,000.00 for 7 days.

User Info Menu

I never carry more cash than I'm willing to lose, typically a few hundred dollars. If I have cash expenses I will bring more and pay for it right away. Last time we paid Linston for both ways when he dropped us off. No sense carrying around cash.

Usually I don't bother to hide it that well. Keep it out of sight so the honest people stay honest. Lock your room and tip the house keeper.

User Info Menu

Tip the housekeeper probably the best advice in this entire thread

User Info Menu

Yes take care of housekeeper aka my Negril Mom!

User Info Menu

just bring some chump change and your debit cards for the ATM's der.....
    the days of bringing chunks of cash and travelers checks to Jamaica are over......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20