Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Hot To Handle

User Info Menu

Too Hot To Handle

Returning in April this year with some newbies to the area. Looking for some ideas for restaurants that have food selections that are not spicy for my son. (stomach issues) Big man with good appetite but some what picky. He might do some fish but that won't last long. Burgers and a little pizza work for him which I'm familiar with on the cliffs. Staying on the beach but usually end up on the west end for dinners. Not as familiar with the beach selections as I am with the cliffs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

User Info Menu

Re: Too Hot To Handle

Lot's of places have their entire menu on their web sites. Take a look at Seastar. Lots of North American type options as well as local favourites. They have nice pizza and their half pound cheese-burgers are huge. Fries, Poutine, home-made soups.
    Many places have what your son is looking for.

User Info Menu

Kuyaba
    Coconut International
    Sun Beach
    Margaritaville
    Cosmos
    Ahhbees on the cliffs....best burger in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

I'll second SeaStar. They have a lot of American\Canadian food on their menu. You may also want to check out the Italian cafe. Teddy's at Blue Cave Castle will prepare dishes to order so you can get fish chicken etc prepared how you want. A lot of places also offer pasta.

You shouldn't have problem finding something.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

I haven't ever been able to find a good burger on the beach, unless you want to pay more than it's worth at Margaritaville. And even then, I thought it was a mediocre burger. As far as pizza on the beach, Chances is really good. I think that Ciao Jamaica delivers anywhere also.
    Coral Cove (Little Bay) '08, Rooms '09, CCLP '10, Sunquest '11, CCLP '12, Palms '13, Fun Holiday '14, Palms and Seastar '15

User Info Menu

When the rice stops absorbing the beer and I'm all road chicken'd out, there is always Negril BK. Sounds crazy but even BK tastes better in Jamaica.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

try Sunset after Dark for the best burgers ever, they also deliver, soon come

User Info Menu

Here's a challenge....That one pound burger at Sunset after dark is HUGE! Are ya man enough??? Be like Wimpy....c'mon doesn't even have to be a Tuesday!

User Info Menu

mi live der half the time.......so mi watch how much mi spend when mi do go out......
    but the biggest bang for mi dollars in Negril is...........

SeaView aka Corner Bar......by the One Love Drive Sign
    German Bar for Pizza on the West End Rd......beside da Canoe
    Kenny's at Errols Sunset on beach road......
    Pablo's up by SamSara on da Cliffs......
    Three Dives for Jerk Chicken......
    Red Dragon for Jerk Pork........and coldest Red Stripe Beers in Negril

Honorable Mention...
    goes to Chicken Lavish...........
    you can't get better Conch Soup than theirs......and the Sweet n Sour Chicken and Fried Chicken is the best in Negril......prices are reasonable

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I'll also second Pablo's and Chicken lavish as suggested by Marko.

Pablo's cooks most dishes to order like Teddy and is a bit more reasonable.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15