Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How much cash? Where do you hide it?

User Info Menu

How much cash? Where do you hide it?

First time non AI. I think we have our budget nailed down for 2 of us 7 days, but it brings a question: How much cash on hand to take and where do you stash it while on the beach? I have planned to avoid having to use ATM's and bring plenty, but the concern is leaving a big stash in the room. Veterans, please give me an idea how you handle this. I have searched previous threads but don't find the info I am looking for.

User Info Menu

Re: How much cash? Where do you hide it?

We always use the room safe. Haven't had any problems yet.

User Info Menu

Many private Hotels have safes. I would seek one out that has in room safes as it is the best and safest way to store valuables. Hopefully as demand increases all will offer in room safes.
    I have gone the other route hiding it in the room but if I give away all my secrets here they wont be any good anymore.

User Info Menu

Yes,DEFINATELY the room safe,also cut the amount of clothes you're bringing in half and double the amount of cash!ya mon,be safe,have fun,soon come

User Info Menu

Thanks Striper! I am planning on 3 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of swim trunks, a few shirts and a daily change of skivvies! My wife is the one that needs convinced that less is more when packing. Staying at CCLP and the debate is whether to bring enough cash for the whole trip, or just a few days and rely on the ATM. Some of the ATM troubles reported here make me nervous about running out and introducing stress to the trip.

User Info Menu

I'd be curious to hear from the Veteran's about this, too. We know enough to leave the valuables home, but we do need to bring id, a credit / debit card and some cash.

How the heck do you secure this stuff in a not-so-safe hotel room safe and on the beach? There are a TON of gimmicks and gadgets out there. Some, I feel, just draw attention and scream "Hey, all of my junk is in this giant purple box tied to my left ankle!"

We hadn't an issue with our last two trips to Negril; yet any crafty advice to better secure our "stuff" would be appreciated.
    [img]https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10765;0/st/20180629/e/Chilaxing+in+Negril/k/c6d5/event.png[img]

User Info Menu

SDisy, your quote below....

"Hey, all of my junk is in this giant purple box tied to my left ankle!" cracked me the hell up

User Info Menu

We use the safe in the room. Never have had a problem (knock on wood).
    Last edited by sher; 03-10-2015 at 12:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Only problem I had was at sea splash one year,there policy was clearly stated,loose the safe key and it's a $250 charge as they have to have the lock drilled out,yep lost the dang key in the ocean and 250 later,yuk yuk

User Info Menu

I used the room safe and when the dog went nuts at security on our return, after much searching of our bags, they decided it was probably residue on my wallet that I put in the safe that was making the dog go crazy since lots of people kept their "stash" in the safe as well Never forget the look from my now ex, "what the hell have you brought back".