Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traveling with Kids

User Info Menu

Traveling with Kids

Hello All-

I am taking my two boys Ages 5 & 8 to Negril for their first time! My quick JA background; I have been coming to JA for about 22yrs since I was 18 and have been pretty much all over the island and to Negril many times. We are going in May and staying at Idle Awhile cause the suites are nice and the staff is wonderful!! I am thinking of taking them to swim with the dolphins and was wondering if anyone has done this and what they thought of this. If anyone has done something cool with there kids around Negril and want to share please let me know. P.S. My boys are total water kids. We live on Chesapeake bay and they are always boating, fishing, swimming ect.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Traveling with Kids

There was a couple with young kids when I stayed at Idle Awhile. I kept an eye on them as well when they would tend to wander down the beach The 1 bedroom and jr suite would both be great!

User Info Menu

We visited the Dolphin Cove park in Ochi Rios and had a blast! Don't miss it! Your boys will love it and will always remember their time there. They will get to swim with the dolphins and see all kinds of other animals and exotic birds. You can purchase a video of the kids swimming with the dolphins. We haven't been to the one closer to Negril yet but plan to go there soon! Go and enjoy!

User Info Menu

Traveling with kids is the BEST!! We are water people too. Try out Mayfield Falls. Go hang out at Canoe and enjoy some great food and drinks and watch the kids look for sea glass or snorkel right there off there part of the beach. Rick's is kool for cliff jumping. But the are pricey on drinks and appetizers. IMO. Our kids have been going to Jamaica since they was 3 & 5. Now they are 11 and 13. Live it up with the kiddos in Ja.!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Hi!! Ok contact Crossjamaicatours . We will take you and your kids to anyone of the major water falls or water activity , Mayfield falls, YS falls, Dunns river falls and many others not so touristic. Just give us a call (876) 3624906. We also provide airport transfert or whichever taxi services required. Just call us!!!

User Info Menu

Make sure they know how to tell someone the name of the hotel, in case they get lost. Or better yet, put a wristband on them if they're available. When I worked the beach in Atlantic City, we've found kids miles from where their parents thought they lost them.

edit: sorry, not trying to imply that you'll lose them. Just a general comment.
    Last edited by MikeyNYC; 03-23-2015 at 04:37 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks all for the info!

User Info Menu

I'm bringing my 4 almost 5 year old in April. All he really wants to do is play on the beach but he loves the water so we are going to do Mayfield Falls and we are going to do the jumpy things by margaritaville. I need to try to find a playground as well.
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

Please don't let them go near the water without those inflated arm-bands that keep them afloat. My kids had them (35 years ago), so I assume they still sell them. I just being paranoid I suppose; but it makes me feel better to see kids young kids wearing them.

User Info Menu

Was there In May with my 10 year old.. took him and a friend he met to the Kool Runnings Water park- He had a ball! I know,.. I know... Can go to a water park here in the States, but just not the same when you got Reggae in the back ground..
    "Live for today as tomorrow is not promised" Live....Love....Laugh....