Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wearing "camo" clothes or hats

User Info Menu

Re: Wearing "camo" clothes or hats

I usual travel in camo shorts to and from jamaica because of the pockets, never had a problem or comment about them
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

So funny,....go Vikes!!

User Info Menu

This is not about wearing camouflage once your there. It's in the airport going through immigration.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

In Kentucky camo may be the most popular pattern. I've even seen baby "onsies" in camo. I guess the babies are "playing at soldier".
    UK blue is pretty popular too.

Respect,
    Col. Andy & "Wildcat" Pam

User Info Menu

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  87.6 KB

Mildest of the bunch.

User Info Menu

Rob, do you have any input on this matter. It's starting to be one of those " I wore camo to China and was held in isolation for two years" kind of threads. After 20 trips to JA most in camo cargo shorts because I like all the pockets to hold my wallet, passport, phone and other items. I have never once been told by customs I can't wear them. From what I have always understood is that you should not try to dress like a JA cop or military or sell anything of that nature.
    Now for the rest of you calling people names, some people wear camo to hunt and most of my ex military friends and myself wear it because of comfort and the utility factor. I find the all the pockets useful and I don't really give a **** how people think it looks. I just don't people feeling like they need to leave clothes at home because of rumor. That being said most visiting JA are not going to be wearing full on tactical or BDU's with jungle boots to Negril.
    Last edited by noproblem; 03-29-2015 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Missed a word
    “Indecision may or may not be my problem.”

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
    I have actually been stopped at customs for wearing camo cargo shorts and told that I had to change before entering the country.

https://www.mns.gov.jm/sites/default...ed%20items.jpg
    I do not see how this can make it any clearer.... thanks for the link Face Down!

Use your head. A Hollister "camo" shirt with jeans or a "camo" bathing suit would be hard to mistake for a uniform. But if there is even the remotest chance your outfit could be mistaken for legit battle fatigues, why would you take the chance? Is that fabric really worth the risk? Impersonating an officer is not a joke thing.

The immigration officers have the right to do just about anything, you are not officially in Jamaica yet, and you are not in your home country - you are in limbo and up to the discretion of the officers. Do as they ask.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I have brought to Jamaica a camo fishing kayak, camo fishing rod, and also camo fishing lines. The only problem I had at the customs was negotiating down the excessive import tax they wanted to charge me. I also wear my camo shorts throughout the Island NO PROBLEM.

User Info Menu

I'm always in camo, fat old bald white guy in tourist clothes, nobody notices me.

User Info Menu

Didn't give it any thought whatsoever myself, and likely wore camo shorts through immigration. If not, I KNOW I wore them once in Negril. No one gave me so much as a second look.