Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Wearing "camo" clothes or hats

User Info Menu

Re: Wearing "camo" clothes or hats

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Please post a pic of yourself, it will make it easy the other way around as well. No need to waste ones time with such a judgmental individual.

"Dangerous drugs, including marijuana"

Marijuana is dangerous?
    Indeed.
    Have you seen the size of the cola's grown nowadays (of course you have, it's for effect)? You could bludgeon someone with 'em.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Indeed.
    Have you seen the size of the cola's grown nowadays (of course you have, it's for effect)? You could bludgeon someone with 'em.
    Hahhahhaaa. Good thing the end result takes all bludgeoning thoughts away....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    Well, nobody could think THAT would be disrespectful.
    What, wrong restaurant?

User Info Menu

Just got back and didn't know about the "no camo" thing before we visited, so DH wore camo shorts at least a couple days during the trip. They don't look like legit military camo but still, it was never an issue - no second looks, no questions, no whispering. I never would have known it was supposedly taboo if I hadn't read this and I still kind of doubt it really is taboo, given the number of Jamaicans we saw wearing camo print on clothing or selling camo swimsuits and stuff.

If you dress in full camo and try to pass yourself off as military I can obviously see that as being a problem but I doubt anyone cares if you have printed cargo shorts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoloTraveller View Post
    I like it when people wear camouflage. It makes it easy to know I don't want to talk to them.
    Around were I live she would be pretty bored as she would be talking to just about Nobody,In some of the more rural communities hunting & fishing are a way of life hence the high density of "CAMO " clothing.

User Info Menu

From the way people discuss camo clothing, it seems a choice that is more political than sartorial.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rellim View Post
    Around were I live she would be pretty bored as she would be talking to just about Nobody,In some of the more rural communities hunting & fishing are a way of life hence the high density of "CAMO " clothing.
    With respect, can someone please explain why CAMO would be worn while hunting? It seems to me that would be a very good way to get shot and killed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craig123 View Post
    With respect, can someone please explain why CAMO would be worn while hunting? It seems to me that would be a very good way to get shot and killed.
    So you blend into the background so your prey doesn't see you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    So you blend into the background so your prey doesn't see you.
    I ain't no hunter but I played one on TV. LOL

Animals can't tell the difference between Camo and neon. The camo WILL hide you from other hunters and increase the chance of them mistaking you for dinner. Wanna get shot while hunting? Wear some camo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craig123 View Post
    I ain't no hunter but I played one on TV. LOL

Animals can't tell the difference between Camo and neon. The camo WILL hide you from other hunters and increase the chance of them mistaking you for dinner. Wanna get shot while hunting? Wear some camo.
    Yeah, that's not correct at all.