Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kfc

User Info Menu

Kfc

Just so we're clear about it, we are not fast food devotees. However, I do have a soft spot when it comes to fried chicken. We don't make it at home, don't eat it on a regular basis, in fact, the last time I had KFC was at least 8 or 9 years ago. But for years, people have been telling us to try the KFC in Jamaica. Suzi works with several Jamaicans who RAVE about it! Everyone says the flavor profile is radically different from the stuff they serve in the US.

So, we've decided to break with tradition. After taking the free shuttle to CSA 22 times, we've hired Linston to pick us up at MBJ, take us to the KFC in Mobay, and then off to the resort for our nine-day vacation.

A question for those who've been there: do they accept US dollars and/or credit cards?
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    (Where it's always a Rocky Mountain high.)

User Info Menu

Re: Kfc

They take credit cards.

User Info Menu

I believe KFC has been there since the 70's. In the old days we would tell folks we were from Kentucky and the reply would be "Kentucky Fried Chicken".

Respect,
    Col. Andy & "Wildcat" Pam

User Info Menu

One in Sav too.

User Info Menu

KFC is the first American based fast food franchise I remember seeing in Jamaica. My mom would pick some up for us kids when we lived in Stony Hill (a few minutes drive outside of Kingston). KFC has been in Jamaica since at least 1967 and probably before that.

User Info Menu

After KFC, Go to the Corner Bar in Negril. It is the best fried chicken I've ever had. Really. You can do a taste test

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to it.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Fort Collins, Colorado

User Info Menu

Last stretch waited 30 minutes at the drive thru at KFC in Sav. Was hanging with locals & still cannot understand the strong pull of KFC when the best jerk chicken is a few feet away.

I am not a fan of fried food, but Xtabi also serves an excellent fried chicken.

happy trails!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wha gwan View Post
    Last stretch waited 30 minutes at the drive thru at KFC in Sav. Was hanging with locals & still cannot understand the strong pull of KFC when the best jerk chicken is a few feet away.
    I guess when you can get jerk chicken all the time, KFC is simply a welcome change. I cook jerk chicken once or twice a week all year long, so KFC will indeed be an interesting variation. Add to that the supposed difference in flavor profile, and we're really stoked to try it.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Fort Collins, Colorado

User Info Menu

i have to admit.... I LOVE KFC in Jamaica. So much better than any KFC I have ever eaten in the states. Plus, they have different "flavors". Here I choose from original, extra crispy or grilled. In JA it is original, spicy or bbq.... I love the spicy and bbq!