Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: End of an era for Negril? 4 story buildings now allowed...

User Info Menu

Re: End of an era for Negril? 4 story buildings now allowed...

Yes change is inevitable but I wish I knew of a place like Negril before mtv.

User Info Menu

I have not been to Negril as long or as many times as some people..but I have been coming there for 25 years and over 30 times..and I think the quality and cleanliness of the beach is still remarkably good..the perfect weather has never changed..and the kindness of the Jamaican people is as good as ever...maybe I am clueless..but I love Negril as much as I did back then..no..even better..not sure where the negativity is coming from..but hey..I am coming back for more punishment..lol

User Info Menu

Somebody tell me where the beach in a resort area is the same as it was 30 years ago?

All I know is now I have running water, electric, telephone and data out in the hills. That makes me proud of my adopted country.

Ya'll want to back to tents on the beach and Miss Mary in Red Ground?

Development should have stopped right after you got here..... right?

Be here now

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

Administrator

User Info Menu

"The Negril Chamber of Commerce called for a moratorium to be placed immediately on all large-scale developments until the necessary infrastructure is put into place."

Cant agree enough! This is common sense reasoning. Even humans have to crawl before they can walk, and walk before they can run....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Rob, not being familiar with your government, what power does the Chamber of Commerce have? Can it overule the original ok? Is it just an advisory board?

Administrator

User Info Menu

The Negril Chamber of Commerce is the same as any Chamber any where, a group of independent businesses, that have meetings and let their feelings known to the press and government. As far as I know, there are no "chambers" any where that are part of any government. I think that might be a part of the definition of a Chamber of Commerce....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the explanation, Rob.

User Info Menu

Stay right here cause these are the good old days

User Info Menu

If it makes y'all feel any better, the govt. at my "other" favorite beach, Grace Bay on Providenciales, has just increased the max from 7 stories to 12 stories. Used to be 3, then 5, then 7. So it could be worse!