Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sea Splash Reviews Anyone?

User Info Menu

Sea Splash Reviews Anyone?

Wife and I are planning on a return trip in September and looking for something different. I stayed many years ago at Sea Slash and liked it but haven't heard much in recent years. Anyone stayed recently? The is going to be a chill trip and want to beach it this whole time since it's only 6-7 nights, we want a smaller property, walking distance to Cosmos and very comfortable room/suite. The hardest decision I want to make on this trip is whether or not to put my Olukais on. Thank-you in advance for your reviews.

User Info Menu

Re: Sea Splash Reviews Anyone?

Ok, I'll scrap that idea

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
    Wife and I are planning on a return trip in September and looking for something different. I stayed many years ago at Sea Slash and liked it but haven't heard much in recent years. Anyone stayed recently? The is going to be a chill trip and want to beach it this whole time since it's only 6-7 nights, we want a smaller property, walking distance to Cosmos and very comfortable room/suite. The hardest decision I want to make on this trip is whether or not to put my Olukais on. Thank-you in advance for your reviews.
    Hi Packrat! We had some clients staying at Sea Splash recently and all of them satisfied with the property.
    Please contact you do not have arranged for your your airport transfer to Negril as yet . One or our drivers will be available to pick you up and take care of you.

We offer visitors a safe and hassle-free way to visit the Island. Choose your tour among the many we offer and let our tour guides take care of you. They are very knowledgeable of Jamaica’s history, culture, music, and traditions and with a wide experience. They are also excellent and conscious drivers and can provide amazing insights into the local areas.

Our ' taxi are always sitting in Negril and ready for short and long distance transfers. Anywhere you are in Negril you call us and we will reach you in less than ten minutes. We are located in the heart of Negril and we are a good option if you're going to stay there. All our taxi have red plate

Don't worry about finding us. Get in touch with us and we will drive to you for pickup. We would be keen to take you around and be part of your trip here!!

You can learn more checking out our website and facebook pages.
    Phone (876) 3624906
    email: crossjamaicatours@gmail.com
    www.crossjamaicatours.com
    Owen

User Info Menu

Dear PACKRAT, Sorry I just saw this post. My family and I stayed at Seasplash for over 2 weeks in April. It was fantastic. They have made some serious upgrades that show the commitment to keeping the property in good condition - most notably they spent a lot of money to replace the badly worn thatching on the roofs over the bar and Norma's. They replaced it with a nice zinc roof (looks like spanish clay tile) which is used a lot and which has put a stop to the leaking every time it rains!

they have also redone all the rooms with fresh white paint and new white cotton slip covers on the furnishing and sheer white drapes on all the windows. How do Jamaican's get things SO WHITE?? The rooms are beautiful as always - can't beat their 1BR suite for space, including the spacious patio.

We did absolutely nothing on our trip. We just sat at the pool, at the bar, on the beach, at the restaurant, then REWIND, DO IT AGAIN and let them wait on us. Treated like rock stars there, which is just what we needed. The food at Norma's is good as always, and the chefs are alway happy to try something special for guests with a little notice. Of course, we start most morning with breakfast at Treehouse next door - our favorite place as they have a great buffet that keep us all day till dinner (except for perhaps reheating leftovers or having fruit from our kitchen, or a patty next door at Chill Corner (Leo and Johnny's place).

The hottub was the only thing not working. Pool leak of years past has been long fixed and it was in great shape, super clean, the whole trip.

I'm happy to answer any other questions. btw they hauled out a gas grill to the area over looking the beach and did great a great job grilling lunch one day. Though this year I had my first taste (how can that be?) of Alain's (sp?) chicken AND pork at treehouse (the chef who grills outside, near the bar) and I am now a huge fan - both were delicious and we went back a few times for that!)

By the way make sure and email or call Seasplash and ask for Lydney Gordon, the manager. Real nice guy, good manager, and he will set you up with best rates.

Have a great time!
    Last edited by Mrs Wilson; 05-10-2015 at 08:29 AM.
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I couldn't agree more with Mrs. Wilson on all points. We stayed there in Jan. and were very impressed. Management was attentive and fast in dealing with any issues. All of the staff was excellent and accomodating. The only exception was the beach guard who was constantly trying to shake down the guests and Jamaicans for money for doing his job. After seeing how good management was at keeping an eye on things, I'd be surprised if he's still employed there.

Overall, I would recommend Seasplash wholeheartedly.

User Info Menu

Rasta Animal, I believe his last day was our first day there.

Talking more about first rate treatment, some of you may have seen my post regarding bourbons and where we might find specialty brands. Answer is - Mega mart has Jim and Jack, nothing else. But apparently, if you are repeat guests like we are, the owner of the establishment might source out special Bourbon in Kingston and send it to you! Imagine my surprise when a brown-paper package arrived was delivered to our room. We also took boardy advice and packed one bottle which made it through just fine. We have noted in our journal though that a 15-day trip = 3 bottles of bourbon next time.

They had a great big wedding one weekend night when we were tree. About 100+ people. There was an enormous rain storm complete with thunder and lightning at 5 pm, but the staff was all over it and made sure everything was not drenched or blown away. They postponed their start time by an hour, and had an awesome dinner followed by DJ and dancing. We sent off sky lanterns that night from over at the bar, and that was a big hit.

The dinner that night was a Jamaican buffet with Mannish Water, Stuffed roasted fish, curried mutton (what IS mutton? Everyone I asked gives different definition.) Also jerk chicken, other sides. All so good! So restaurant does good stuff. Forgot too to mention my marlin on a bagel favorite thing there. Also the marlin salad plate. Smoked marlin is a Norma's thing and they always have it. Brings me back to my bagels and lox roots ;;
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Interesting stuff, Mrs Wilson. Mutton is sheep.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Interesting stuff, Mrs Wilson. Mutton is sheep.
    Yes, mutton is sheep but in Jamaica many still refer to goat meat as mutton too. Chances are that what you had was curried goat.
    http://old.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...cleisure4.html

Peace and Guidance

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Mrs Wilson and Rasta Animal, thank you for your reviews and I am very glad you had positive experiences, It renews my interest. Our last trip we stayed at Little Waters Villa and it was a fantastic experience but we want the beach this time and with Moondance Villas under changeover, we are looking for a new home and like to try different places. Again, Thank you.

User Info Menu

Had breakfast at Seasplash a couple days ago and it was good.