Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What you wished you knew...

User Info Menu

Re: What you wished you knew...

When ask how long you are staying your answer should always be tomorrow! (last day you have likely spent all your money)When ask where you are staying always say at the campground, (you did not have money upon arrival) yes and no politely are about as honest as one ever need be when being hustled weather you are not the beach or anywhere the subtle indication you are broke and leaving immediately is your best defense!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by georgelenard View Post
    When ask how long you are staying your answer should always be tomorrow! (last day you have likely spent all your money)When ask where you are staying always say at the campground, (you did not have money upon arrival) yes and no politely are about as honest as one ever need be when being hustled weather you are not the beach or anywhere the subtle indication you are broke and leaving immediately is your best defense!
    Strongly disagree about saying you're leaving tomorrow. You're much more likely to be victimized if a criminal thinks you're leaving island the next day. I always add a few days when someone asks when I leave.

User Info Menu

I totally agree with TAH.... Let them know you know the runnings immediately.
    When am I leaving.....someday.
    Where am I staying.... up the beach at the Purple Pelican....
    Having aloe rubbed on me.......omg. I'm very allergic.....
    Do I have a cigarette.... no, but I could sure use one.....
    Really.....does it look like I have to pay for company...or sex..

User Info Menu

Just to echo TAH and jojo, when asked a question try to be as ambiguous as possible (great responses, jojo, BTW!).

One time I was walking down the West End road and a tough-looking local stopped me as I passed by the gates of his yard. The exchange went something like this:

Local: Hey Mon, you need some ganja?
    Me: No thanks, I'm all set.
    Local: How about some coke?
    Me: No way, man.
    Local: Where you staying?
    Me: Up on the Beach Rd. (I was actually staying at Negril Escape)
    The local smiles and gives me a fist bump
    Local: Respect, mon.
    I smile and peacefully continue my walk down the road.

Basically, be respectful without giving away too much information.

User Info Menu

Name:  hands_clapping.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  4.5 KB
    Wow! I bet none of the people that approach you can't figure out you are a walking source of disinformation.

I say you can be friendly without spilling your guts about yourself. I hope you practice that at home too. Just as dangerous there you know?

Peace and Guidance

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post

Name:  hands_clapping.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  4.5 KB
    Wow! I bet none of the people that approach you can't figure out you are a walking source of disinformation.

I say you can be friendly without spilling your guts about yourself. I hope you practice that at home too. Just as dangerous there you know?

Peace and Guidance

Serious question, Accompong; why are you always so passive aggressive with people? It can be very off-putting.

User Info Menu

Bring less clothes, I went once with only a carry on.Best check in ever. Be careful with edible 420,it WILL sneek up on you. Rent a motorcycle, and go for a ride in the countryside. The sights,sounds and smells will live with you for ever. Jamaican watches run about 75% slower than American watches.Better yet leave it at home.Throw your cell phone under a bus and enjoy whatever is in front of you. Bring home lots of spices,their better,cheaper and make great gifts.

User Info Menu

I don't know the current situation at Banana Shout, but the last time we stayed, it can get pretty warm in the cliff side cottages. Don't get me wrong, we love the place when the sea breeze is working. What I'm saying is you might want to bring a small fan. We've found them to be useful at several places we've stayed if for nothing else but white noise.

Respect,
    Col. Andy & "Wildcat" Pam

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Serious question, Accompong; why are you always so passive aggressive with people? It can be very off-putting.
    Patiently awaiting the answer to this one.

User Info Menu

in Jamaica sunsets EARLY-er than here in WashDC/USofA

for example, today
    in Jamaica it sets @ 6:41 pm
    and
    here in DC @ 8:18 pm
    be hapPpy