Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Friends going to swept away

User Info Menu

Friends going to swept away

Hello, friends going to Negril for first time . 25 year anniversary . Staying at swept away on my suggestion . They will get out a bit and explore. My question is old vs new section. While I haven't stayed there in several years I have stayed quite a few times first time the first year they opened. I personally don't like change .thats why I have only missed one year to Negril since 1974. I would stay in the old section but have not experienced the new. For a first timer can someone who has stayed in both areas give a suggestion?
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: Friends going to swept away

Having stayed on both sides we prefer the newer rooms primarily for mid resort location. The gardens on the original side are way more mature and beautiful. My suggestion would be that they look at Couples website. You can get 360 degree views of the rooms and that may help. Do be aware that if they book a garden veranda suite they could be on either side of the resort . The original area garden suites (closest to the road) were renamed a few years ago and combined with the new section garden veranda suites to form one room type.

User Info Menu

Thanks I think I'll suggest the newer rooms mid property and ask for a room closer to the front.

User Info Menu

The Atrium Suites on the old side are the best in the resort. I've gone 22 times over the years and stayed on both sides. The new side is much noisier. The old side, especially the Atrium Suites that surround the garden, are pure tropical paradise.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    (Where it's always a Rocky Mountain high.)

User Info Menu

Thank you. That's my fav also will suggest that. Do the Newark rooms have mini bars and the older not?

User Info Menu

None of the rooms are in Newark. But all the rooms at CSA have mini bars. The Atrium Suites do not have television.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    (Where it's always a Rocky Mountain high.)

User Info Menu

Oops . Thanks for the info

User Info Menu

You DO NOT want to stay in Newark, the people in Newark are trying to re-book their Choice

User Info Menu

You don,t have to tell me. I am from Newark area originally. Have had the good fortune ,to live in Tennessee the past 30 years.