Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back etc

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

Congrats. GREAT REPORT

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

Congrats and thanks for sharing! Looking forward to reading about Portland.

What did you think of Charela?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Congrats and thanks for sharing! Looking forward to reading about Portland.

What did you think of Charela?
    Charela did a great job with the wedding, but they are very very over priced for the room quality, and their food and bev. The honeymoon suite cost a lot, but it didnt really have a great view of the beach, and it was sort of small. In comparison, for almost the same price we had a whole villa, on the water. no neighbors and a cook, in port antonio. Also, would say that the Treehouse beach front suites are better for the price as well.

User Info Menu

The day after the wedding, we hosted a BBQ at Yellow Bird for everyone that attended the wedding.

Just a perfect experience. Jerk Chicken, Burgers, and of course cold stripes and dirty bananas. The bartenders did a wonderful job. The chicken was great.

I spent about 2 hours in the water tossing a football around with about 10 of my friends.

We bar crawled back up the beach. Ended up doing dinner 1 and sun beach, then dinner 2 at chances.

We said our good byes to some of our friends. Went back to the hotel and spent some family time. I had to be up early the next morning to meet Godwin. He had arranged me a rental vehicle to drive from Negril to Portland.

User Info Menu

So, I wake up. We are already mostly packed. I go down stairs and see my MIL - She is worried about our drive. I am a little nervous to drive in Jamaica for the first time as well. Have a talk, and then I meet with Godwin and Rambo.

I rent a car from Rambo, for a fairly reasonable price.

Godwin suggests that I follow him to Mobay. He is taking a car load of my friends from the wedding. Was really no big deal driving. Didn't have any issues to Mobay.

As we pass through the other side of Mobay, we stop at a burgerking and for gas. GAS IS EXPENSIVE. Burger king had a TV on, with a Lifetime movie blaring really loud. Several Jamaican men in Business suits were watching the show intently. No one paid us any mind. We ate lunch and we were on our way.

We had a great drive. I haven't been on the North coast in over 15 years. It's a lot different than the road to negril. More developed.

We went through Downtown Ochi, just to check it out.

We ended up getting pretty lost, not long after - I had just told Jackie we were basically home free, and less than 2 hours to drive. LOL

The BLUE route is the main road. Somehow. We ended up on the red route.

Back roads. Town of Islington.

Name:  LOST.JPG
Views: 516
Size:  47.2 KB

But that's OK. We ended up pulling off to see this view.

Name:  LOST2.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  62.9 KB

The picture doesnt even really do it justice.
    Last edited by Flipadelphia26; 06-23-2015 at 12:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Flip,

"The picture doesnt even really do it justice."

Couldn't agree more! Need to feel the breeze, smell the flowers and hear the sounds to get the total impact.

Good stuff, keep it coming!

VVHT

User Info Menu

Nice!!!!

User Info Menu

it's easy to take that right turn instead of following the road, somehow it seems right. at least you enjoyed the scenery.

User Info Menu

Looking forward Flip to your take on the villa in PA. It's on my short list and after my last stay, with some time in Duncan, I am leaning closer to making it a reality. Nice report man.....

User Info Menu

Almost like I was there , almost...
    Trip #59 most of February