Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back etc

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

Blue Lagoon

Name:  .facebook_1435339451270.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  102.9 KB
    Name:  .facebook_1435339481774.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  87.5 KB
    Name:  .facebook_1435339499588.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  101.5 KB

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

Name:  .facebook_1435339527020.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  83.6 KB
    Name:  .facebook_1435339467771.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  40.0 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  .facebook_1435339434299.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  45.9 KB
    Name:  .facebook_1435339560417.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  40.9 KB

User Info Menu

WOW!

More please!

Thanks,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Good job with the driving!!! I adore Verona I knew she would take good care of you guys...Portland sigh...soon come

User Info Menu

portland is stunning . . . by far, my favorite parish in jamaica. . . . thanks for the pics.

User Info Menu

I keep hoping you'll have more pics of Port Antonio, really enjoying this!

User Info Menu

Second full day in Portland:

After breakfast Verona sat with us and planned out our remaining meals for the week. We decided that we would drive her downtown to the market. It was kind of rainy, but OK. On the way in. Verona commented that I dive just like a Jamaican, and laughed. She said most tourists were really slow driving an tentative at the wheel.

We get into town, and we find a place to park by the market. I accidentally splashed someone with the car/puddle. Verona and Jackie were laughing hysterically. Not because of the splash, but because someone yelled "White boy driving!"

We went down a back alley where a bunch of produce vendors were setup. We purchased a bunch of fruit. Then we went to another vendor, where we were given a plastic bag full of goat. Then we walked through this giant indoor market, where we saw the butcher. They were taking apart a goat. Jackie freaked.

-Side bar- It is really interesting and kind of shameful how disconnected our society especially in the USA has become with where our food comes from. Meat comes form animals, it gets to your plate somehow, right? -/sidebar-

We then went to a 3rd market where Verona pick us up a whole heap of fresh shrimp.

Jackie and I got some beer, some rum, and some snacks for the villa at this place.

After we returned home. The day continued to be quite rainy. So I sat inside and read up on some literature about PA in the villa, then I picked up "American Sniper" A previous guest had left it there. Ended up breezing through that in 2 days.

We sat around and drank some cocktails and had a quite enjoyable, yet early evening. Verona made us the shrimp. Hands down the best shrimp I have EVER tasted.

User Info Menu

about the meat markets . . . i agree, we in north america are disconnected with our food supply . . . the only part that freaks me out is the non-refrigeration. . . . during my meanderings through the back bush of jamaica, i've come across countless ppl doing the dismantling of various animals that have been slaughtered. especially in the back country. . . . fresh meat gets sold really quickly.

User Info Menu

Yes, The goat they were taking apart was getting chopped on the block and handed over for sale almost immediately. Certainly has to be fresh because of what you said.