Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back etc

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

Decided to head to Boston again for lunch.

We met a nice couple from Wisconsin, and chatted it up on the beach, while having Jerk sausage.

They had mentioned that they wanted to check out Winnifred beach. We offered them a ride, and off we went. The road from the main road down tot he beach is, steep, and bumpy. I wasn't sure if we were on the right track, but when we reached the bottom. They payoff was wonderful.

Winnifred reminded me of a 1000 meter long Negril. Little bars setup on the beach, as well as a few hustlers. They were not persistent though. At the end of the beach, there is a fresh water stream that meets the ocean. just up a bit is a nice little swimming hole.

We hung out and had a few stripes, and then decided it was time to get ready for dinner. We wanted to check out woody's low bridge, for some burgers and some homemade ginger beer.

We had a good meal. We met woody, and incredibly nice guy.

We drank some white rum, and decided that we would continue our party back home on our porch.

I saw a sunset from the porch that could only really be beaten by negril. I had the TV from our bedroom turned toward the outside, so I could watch the NHL Western Conf finals.

We had some drinks and went to bed LATE - 10 PM :-P

Name:  Sunset.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  52.9 KB
    Name:  drimks.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  97.6 KB
    Last edited by Flipadelphia26; 06-30-2015 at 12:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

Very nice Flip. Congratulations to both of you!!

User Info Menu

The contrast of the boat with the white, blues and green is amazing. Great shot.

User Info Menu

What a perfect setup. Wedding bash in Negril, honeymoon in Port Antonio, beautiful bride/wife. Flip, you da man

User Info Menu

Looks dreamy and sounds like a perfect way to decompress after the wedding hoopla!
    Congrats to you both!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyNYC View Post
    The contrast of the boat with the white, blues and green is amazing. Great shot.
    LOL, I didnt take that shot. I didnt have any of the pics from that day on my phone, so I google imaged the Winnifred beach shot. The second 2 are my own.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabu View Post
    What a perfect setup. Wedding bash in Negril, honeymoon in Port Antonio, beautiful bride/wife. Flip, you da man
    thank you. It was a great time and a great trip

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Looks dreamy and sounds like a perfect way to decompress after the wedding hoopla!
    Congrats to you both!!
    indeed, and some of the best is yet to come!

User Info Menu

4th and final full day in PA. We didn't do a thing. We relaxed. Laid out on the dock. I finished my book. We had some curried goat for dinner. That was it.

We thanked Verona, gave her a tip for the next morning's breakfast - which we told her we did not require.

We were to get up and on the road by 7am. We wanted to be in Ochi in time for the Dunns River Falls to open.

User Info Menu

sounds wonderful!!
    i'd like your thoughts on how portland compares to your negril experience.
    i know they are different . . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    sounds wonderful!!
    i'd like your thoughts on how portland compares to your negril experience.
    i know they are different . . . .
    Portland is growing on me, more and more as I look back at it. It's totally and completely different. I prefer to go in the ocean in negril, and I prefer the long walkable beach. There's a lot, and I mean A LOT of sea urchins in the waters at Portland. However, there is more beauty to the landscape overall (in portland)

The mountains quite literally drop into the sea. It's very majestic, and honestly they were calling me. I am very interested in camping and hiking to blue mountain peak.

A much different vibe. There are still people selling stuff, but they are more inclined to take "no" for an answer. They also seem to care quite a bit about keeping the beaches and the road sides clean. I get the impression that many of the Jamaicans you meet in Portland, call the area home and always have. Whereas, in Negril, people have come from all over the island, to try and get a piece of the tourist dollar.

Overall, I would still pick Negril. I just prefer the social aspect. The faster pace (be it much slower than I am used to here). I like the ability to walk wherever. In PA, a car or a reliable drive is an absolute must.

I will be back to PA. Next spring, I want to rent a car from mobay. Stay in Ochi for 2 days. over night hike to blue mt peak. Then portland for a day or 2. Then Kingston for a couple days. then Negril for a week... or something like that.