Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Dress code in restaurants?

User Info Menu

Question Dress code in restaurants?

Hi all,

So in doing some research, I have not seen anything about proper attire in restaurants.

It seems to me, it may be no shirt, no shoes, no problem; but is it?

If I pack some shorts and shirts, will that be good enough for most places? I'm going to try and get by packing for my week into a carryon. If need be, are there laundry facilities near the cliffs?

Thanks,
    Moose

User Info Menu

Re: Dress code in restaurants?

Shorts and a few shirts are all you'll need,if you need laundry,usually for a sweet tip to your house cleaning person and they'll take care of small laundry needs,good tip is pack half the clothes you think you need and bring twice the $$

User Info Menu

Most places are very casual and come as you are. There are a few where nice shirt and shorts or slacks would be appropriate. Ivan's, Kuyaba, Hungry Lion, Ciao Jamaica are places I would clean up a bit for.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

I agree with Ras, and will add Charela Inn to the list. For a guy Khakis and a collard T shirt or Hawaiian type shirt is fine. I love the casualness of Negril and am dressing up if I put on shoes

User Info Menu

Most places on the beach are fine with beachwear,especially during the day no shoes necessary at most also. No shirt, no shoes no problem.

User Info Menu

I loooove ''no shirt, no shoes,no problem ' !!!!

User Info Menu

Off beach is a bit of a crap shoot with some stores asking you to leave if your not wearing a shirt. Apparently shirtless people are considered a threat to the status quo just like hippies during and after the Vietnam war protests. Truth be known I'm sure most shop owners are themselves anti-Babylon. They just don't "get it".