Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do we have to pa in u.s money

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Why do we have to pa in u.s money

we have been going to Negril for 7 years now, we usually stay at Rooms, but after our dollar has been taken a **** kicking, and having to pay in U.S. this sucks, this is why our next trip will be at a place that books in canadian , Fun Holiday does it, soon come

User Info Menu

Re: Why do we have to pa in u.s money

Wow, didn't know Fun Holiday or anywhere books with CAD. Did you have to call them? It would be great if some places looking for more business would do that, at a decent rate.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

The US$ is the most stable currency and most tourist business in Jamaica follow this trend. With our cdn dollar fluctuating the way it does we would have to change the rate daily.
    JAYS HIDEAWAY web site is shown in US$ ( as are all the other resorts) but we will welcome cdn. Dollars.

User Info Menu

That would be great if more places accepted CDN at booking.

User Info Menu

I exchange my CDN in Negril and pay in J$ Not sure if it makes much difference but it seems to .
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

My stay is booked and paid in CAD at rooms always

User Info Menu

If you have never stayed at Fun Holiday before; I would advise you to not pay for their all inclusive package. I stayed there and if you were not in the initial line for the buffet your selection was very minimal and most things were not refilled. If you were later than 45 min. from the start of the buffet you had to piece together what you could from what was left from the start. The bar gave out as little as possible and a lot of the time had no vodka rum or whiskey. The staff were nice and as a cheap basic place to stay I would say go for it but as an all inclusive this place failed. You can book room only . Location is good.. rooms are basic but fine for a budget trip.. balconies are all in row with no privacy .

User Info Menu

Anybody ..know any other hotels that offer a "pay in Canuck bucks " ..situation

User Info Menu

What difference does it make? You still pay the going exchange rate. The is no money savings at all. If u book on any of the booking websites u can pay in any currency u like.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    What difference does it make? You still pay the going exchange rate. The is no money savings at all. If u book on any of the booking websites u can pay in any currency u like.
    no way mon, when we book for Rooms we are told that we have to pay in U.S. now being a Canadian you should know that our dollar is less than the U.S. dollar, about 25 percent, now when i pay for our resort we pay 25 per cent more which adds up over a couple of weeks, and paying for meals and drinks at other places in Ja in U.S. us Canadians are getting ripped off,we get a better exchange rate at our Canadian bank to change our Can dollars to Jamican dollars, you should be able to do the math, soon come