Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What/ when is your " Ahhh" moment???

User Info Menu

Re: What/ when is your " Ahhh" moment???

This is easy! Whenever we first pull over roadside or we get to the hotel so I can release the 4-5 beers I had pounded in the taxi on the way from the airport.

I stand there and go AAAAAHHHHHHH as relief comes.

User Info Menu

Thats funny Flip. Last trip to Negril from airport I was pounding the stripes as fast as I could. Eventually I had to go, but I felt bad about going along the side of the road and just held it in. Well it got to the point that there was no holding it. Even though we were almost at our hotel (Xtabi) I made our driver stop in front of Burger King. It was a good thing there was an available stall because it was easily the closest I have been to pissing my pants since I was wearing diapers.
    This December I will cut it back a notch, just to be safe lol.
    My Ahhh moment- touchdown at Mobay airport.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    When Customs says "Go on"
    TEHE! I love this one!

Spurs of "Ahhh" for me...
    The moment I land safely
    Once I'm all unpacked and relaxing for the first time on my balcony with cocktail/sub
    First morning coffee on the balcony
    First live music vibe
    Last edited by IRIEchic; 09-25-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

After the ATM, After shopping at Megamart, After a road beer......

Get to the yard, kiss Izel and greet our dogs, unpack in the apartment, turn on the AC, have a draw and then

Up to Zion Hill and see this Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Cap

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  76.5 KB

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

Mine will be a bit different....
    but nothing reminds me more of the "ahhh moment"...
    than sitting in a roadside restaurant or bar, watching traffic go by with visitor's mushed up to the vehicle's windows and the look on their face is what I love calling the 'Negril perma Grin'...
    makes me smile big time!

User Info Menu

Name:  SAM_0061.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  82.6 KB
    Arriving at my home after an afternoon shower to see this view.

Bless Up!
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandman66 View Post
    Thats funny Flip. Last trip to Negril from airport I was pounding the stripes as fast as I could. Eventually I had to go, but I felt bad about going along the side of the road and just held it in. Well it got to the point that there was no holding it. Even though we were almost at our hotel (Xtabi) I made our driver stop in front of Burger King. It was a good thing there was an available stall because it was easily the closest I have been to pissing my pants since I was wearing diapers.
    This December I will cut it back a notch, just to be safe lol.
    My Ahhh moment- touchdown at Mobay airport.
    ]

My wife had to pop a squat road side behind a bush on the way in once. lol.

User Info Menu

Used to be when the plane door opened and we descended the stairs onto the tarmac. Loved the smell and heat of that Jamaican air.

User Info Menu

Feeling the heat as we step out of the departure hall, seeing the "goings on"

User Info Menu

There are many small "ahhh" moments upon arrival - the smell and feel of the air when you step out of the airport, that first "real" Red Stripe (not the junk that's brewed in the US), the arrival into Negril and walking to our room while passing so many familiar smiling faces, etc. But for me, the BEST "ahhh" moment is that first morning. When I've just set up my beach spot for the day and look out onto the gorgeous, calm blue water. Hardly anyone on the beach in those early hours when the sun just begins to brighten the sky. I can finally take a deep breath, look around me, and relax. I've taken hundreds of photos of that moment over the years, but not one can capture the feeling.