Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I think we shouldn't have gone to Negril

User Info Menu

Sometimes I think we shouldn't have gone to Negril

HaHa- my reasoning is that I am always wishing we are there. We only can only come two weeks a year and want more. This year will be our 12th in a row. We (Husband and I) feel like it is the one place where we feel ourselves and feel GOOD. We have met so many nice people in Negril. Tourists and Jamaicans.

We have to give up a lot at home to go. No eating out, no new clothes etc. But when we get there it all seems worth it. Now with the cold Winter coming I can hardly wait to get back to Negril.

I take it back- I am VERY glad we went to Negril the 1st time!

User Info Menu

Re: Sometimes I think we shouldn't have gone to Negril

I can't imagine it.......

If I had never seen Negril I would never have found Spring Garden and Zion Hill

Changed my my life....

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

Would love to see some new spots in Jamaica. Seems like we never have enough time.

User Info Menu

My husband won a trip to Jamaica many years ago (1988)which started our love of this island. Cannot imagine what our life would have been like without her.

User Info Menu

I wish we could have been there in '88. I bet a lot has changed.

User Info Menu

Yes a lot has changed, but we love it just as much. We're like you KMBMN, no restaurant, clothes, etc....I saw a Dini Petty show years ago when she said don't buy it if you don't love it......If you love it you'll never regret spending the money.

User Info Menu

Love that Kathryn! Glad I!m not alone.

User Info Menu

You are not alone. We go at least once every year. 89 was the first year for us and I never stop thinking about being there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind & Linston View Post
    I can't imagine it.......

If I had never seen Negril I would never have found Spring Garden and Zion Hill

Changed my my life....

Cap
    David, I think that because you came to know Jamaica other than just Negril first in an area where I now live, you gained a wider perspective of living in Jamaica. I feel like if I had never found Accompong Town after extensively traveling all over Jamaica for many years, I would not have completed my imagined dream of living in Jamaica.

Negril has always been a beautiful place to see but I never planned to live their. To me, Negril is a "was" and not an "is". I can't help every time I go there to think about the way "Negril was". Over 3+ decades I have lived in several areas of Jamaica each with a lot of good points and always a measurable share of bad at the same time.

The further I stay and live in Jamaica away from tourists, the better my experiences seem to be. Accompong Town has a modicum amount of tourism and that suits me well as I wouldn't want to not have any tourists around at all.

You appreciate Spring Garden and Zion Hill (probably) more because you are close enough to Negril without sacrificing the peacefulness of living in the countryside.

Yes, like you, Accompong Town has changed my (my) life!

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Been going since '88 myself..(with a 5 year hiatus) checking out other places only to return because not much has changed in Negril & that works for me. No stop lights..just crosswalk lights...three story buildings & that just changed..a sidewalk down beach rd....not bad for all those years.