Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Global Entry and TSA Precheck Experience?

User Info Menu

Re: Global Entry and TSA Precheck Experience?

If you have a lot of connecting flights I think it's worth it. TSA precheck as someone else mentioned is not at all gates, but not hard to walk to a gate that has it. I got it because a lot my American flights connect through Miami and I hate all the waiting and lines. Oh and yes, not having to remove shoes, jackets and laptops is good as well, but I mostly got Global Entry because of my connecting flights. BTW the interview took me about 5 mins, in and out process.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenBeeotch View Post
    Thanks all. NoWorries4 me - we fly thru Chicago Midway usually so I hope its the same. I am an impatient person so I'm thinking it might be worth it to me. (Jamaica is great therapy for my impatience)
    My kids came through customs/immigration at midway last year and said it was a breeze compared to o'hare. I don't think I'd personally drive that far for the interview. We live 10 minutes from o'hare so it was easy for us to do.
    BTW...I'm listening to the tree frog sing right now in Negril as I'm typing this!

User Info Menu

TSA great Application for Global on desk for when I get home

User Info Menu

The last several times we traveled we were randomly selected for TSA Precheck. Definitely prefer it. When I heard they were going to not allow random selections I looked into the options. The Global Entry seemed best for us as we also do some international travel and our normal return airports have extremely long immigration lines it seems. Did the application, quick appointment for interview, interview was no problem, and got the cards in the mail very quickly. Don't know how well they will work. Will find out in December when we fly on our next international trip.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone! NoWorries4me, ENJOY!!! ( :
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I knew about Global Entry but hadn't gotten around to making the application when I arrived at O'Hare after a Jumbo Jet from India. I watched the people on my flight breeze through Global Entry while I waited in line over 45 minutes with hundreds of passengers from the jumbo jet who looked ill and were coughing - A LOT.
    They had the passengers in the lines for US citizens to help speed their entry, so it might have been an unusual situation.

I got my Global Entry card right after that.

Can you combine the trip for your interview with a day of shopping or sightseeing? I'm an hour, 15 min away and made a day of it with a friend. Well worth the time and money.

User Info Menu

Definitely nurse Marcia! Looking at my ticker, I don't think I have enough time for this trip but we'll most likely get it for future travels.
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Global Entry is worth every penny. Would have missed my connector flight last year in Atlanta on way home if I didn't have the special "GOES" line to walk past hundreds as we cleared customs. Plus Global Entry gets us in "Pre-Check" lines going thru security in any airport.

User Info Menu

Cost is $100 per person for 5 years. TSA does a thorough background check on you so they can put more effort on people without "Known Traveller Numbers" - we are still checked, but it is much faster because we have our own security path.
    Last edited by frankk; 11-25-2015 at 05:12 AM.