Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yikes. Sand mining

User Info Menu

Re: Sand taken from Negril

The Azul bunch are Mexicans,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhizman View Post
    And as I understand Azul properties. has pulled out of the project so the land will sit vacant, sand missing no building going on?
    Bummer, if I recall, there wasn't much beach there to begin with. It was a nice quiet place to enjoy the beach.
    Soon come!

User Info Menu

In its heyday, when the Mahogany resort was there , it was a lovely beach. When the resort fell into decrepitude, the sea grape trees reclaimed the sand.

User Info Menu

Well now the Mexican have the sand and after 300 truck loads of sand taken off got pissed and abandoned the build... correct Rob?

User Info Menu

geez, is it even walk-able past the area???
    Soon come!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thatswhatshesaid View Post
    geez, is it even walk-able past the area???
    My understanding is that the sand that was removed was from the foundation excavations, not actual "beach" sand (not that that is much better).

User Info Menu

Wow, "not actual 'beach' sand"? To me, everything from the road to the sea is "beach sand". (Libelous comment removed.)

User Info Menu

They would only dig a long tunnel and steal the sand anyway, the cartels are good at that.........

User Info Menu

Papa Georgie: I meant in relation to what people refer to as the beach, in reference to the comment above mine asking if you could even get through...
    Last edited by TAH; 01-21-2016 at 10:49 AM.

User Info Menu

It's my understanding that they own both properties, so what is the issue with trading natural resources between the two? Then again, nobody on this website knows what really happened, so no need to speculate or cause rumor. Right Rob?

If you are that passionate about the sand in Negril what are you doing to stop the fishing of parrot fish?