Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yikes. Sand mining

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Sand taken from Negril

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    It's my understanding that they own both properties, so what is the issue with trading natural resources between the two? Then again, nobody on this website knows what really happened, so no need to speculate or cause rumor. Right Rob?

If you are that passionate about the sand in Negril what are you doing to stop the fishing of parrot fish?
    People here who have been following the news know exactly the factual truth of what is happening. Keep following the news and the links posted here.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

If you want to follow this story, try this Google search:

site:jamaicagleaner.com negril sand

then choose "News" from the headings (may be under More/News).

My expectation is that posting reasonable comments there would be more effective than posting comments here. But please be respectful of the opinions of the actual Jamaicans if you are not one of them.

User Info Menu

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhizman View Post
    Well now the Mexican have the sand and after 300 truck loads of sand taken off got pissed and abandoned the build... correct Rob?
    Gwhizman,

Where are you getting this information? Please link to the source.

As of Tuesday, especially considering the scope of the investment, negotiations were still taking place as the sand mining had ceased.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Gwhizman,

I spent some time checking today, and the present Azul is full - each room is booked. Since you have twice now mentioned/speculated that Azul has left the island, would you please post the link where you heard these facts? If it is true, there must me something factual on the Internet you can link. The Internet kinda works that way.... (grin)

Everyone else,

This is why we do not allow speculation and rumor on Negril.com. ANYONE can say anything in this new age of the Internet and it is immediately transmitted world wide.

Please consider what you post before posting. Incredible harm can unwittingly be done by posting rumor and/or speculation.

Before posting, put yourself in the other persons/parties position. How would you like it if you had to defend yourself against something that is an untrue rumor or speculation? Could you defend yourself? And if you could, how long would it take. This is not fair to anyone, especially for people trying to determine the truth.

There is enough wrong with this world today without creating needless rumor and speculation that does nothing but harm. I ask you all once again to refrain from this behaviour.

I step off my soapbox.... (grin)

Thank you for reading.

User Info Menu

Anything bad about these ventures is just "rumors and speculations".....really?
    Last edited by Papa Georgie; 01-22-2016 at 07:42 AM.

User Info Menu

Owning websites or media outlets that live and feed their families on ad dollars + publishing negative stuff about them is as smart as suicide. My statement has nothing to do with Rob's business practices, I don't know how he runs his business but he is still in business because he's not stupid.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Georgie View Post
    Anything bad about these ventures is just "rumors and speculations".....really?
    Papa,

Maybe you missed it, but there has already been a thread started on this topic. I will merge the two so you can see that plenty has been said bad about this situation without people resorting to making libelous comments. Jamaica has very strict libel laws and being a Jamaican company (not your Facebook page), we have to adhere to the law. Because of the permits granted to Azul by the government and the stipulations (fine print) in those permits, their lawyers are working out the details. Your comment, as you made it, was libel and needed to be removed.

As for the rumor and speculation, in the first thread (which is merged with this one now), the wrong property was referenced twice. That can cause harm to the innocent property mentioned. I had to remove those two posts. In this thread, it has been speculated that Azul had left the island twice, when they have not. If you have a room booked at Azul and read these false statements and took them as the truth, you would panic that you would not have a place to stay. I personally had to spend days assisting visitors find rooms when SeaWind actually closed. Trust me, people were in PANIC mode and to needlessly put others through that when it is NOT true is cruel.

wrtiii posted a great google search link and you can read as much truthful bad things as your heart desires. but you wont read rumor and speculation in the Gleaner articles either. Here is the google search link again:

site:jamaicagleaner.com negril sand

then choose "News" from the headings (may be under More/News).

As wrtiii added:

"My expectation is that posting reasonable comments there would be more effective than posting comments here. But please be respectful of the opinions of the actual Jamaicans if you are not one of them."

User Info Menu

Shifting sands...https://petchary.wordpress.com/2016/...ing-in-negril/

to be precise.. "Meanwhile, the developers are strongly hinting that they might pull out of Jamaica – hence the emergency meeting. This was inevitable. The planned hotel development in St. Ann is a huge one (US$900 million worth) as I noted in my blog yesterday. The Commissioner of Mines says Karisma did nothing illegal. Karisma is clearly extremely upset"

User Info Menu

Re: Yikes. Sand mining

Try this link to the Jamaica Observer:
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/envir...-matters_49172