Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
I'll take a quick look at my history and see if I can find it, just read it a couple days ago.

edit: it was the second result of a quick google search. http://news.sky.com/story/1631065/zi...ommon-mosquito
Scientists in Brazil believe the devastating Zika virus may have already crossed over to the common mosquito, dramatically increasing the risk of it spreading worldwide. .....
There are suspicions the mosquito-borne virus is linked to more than 4,000 babies with brain deformities in South America's largest country. .....
Up until now, it was thought the Aedes aegypti mosquito, which is confined to the tropics, was solely spreading the virus. .....
But scientists at the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation in Recife, Pernambuco State, in the northeast of the country, believe otherwise.
They say they are as little as a month away from confirming that the virus is also being carried and transmitted by the much more common Culex mosquito. (((((Which, I guess, implies that in as little as a month they might not be able to confirm it))))))))
The lead research scientist at the foundation, Constancia Ayres, told Sky News that IF her suspicions are confirmed, the implications are huge.
Hardly a ringing endorsement but IF confirmed, will certainly be a very major development and difficult to control.

Peace and Guidance