Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Use mosqito spray in all warm climates!

User Info Menu

Re: Use mosqito spray in all warm climates!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaherring View Post
    Not at all. Nothing to joke about.
    Amen, dat..!!
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    This is the conventional wisdom, and is true with dengue and chik-v. Scientists in Brazil have all but confirmed that zik-v has crossed the species barrier into common mosquitos that bite 24/7, not just the aedes aegypti. Things are looking to get pretty hairy this summer...
    TAH I haven't been able to find a credible source that supports this claim. Care to share your source?

Again nothing personall but my families health is personal.

One love

User Info Menu

I'll take a quick look at my history and see if I can find it, just read it a couple days ago.

edit: it was the second result of a quick google search. http://news.sky.com/story/1631065/zi...ommon-mosquito
    Last edited by TAH; 02-05-2016 at 09:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    I'll take a quick look at my history and see if I can find it, just read it a couple days ago.

edit: it was the second result of a quick google search. http://news.sky.com/story/1631065/zi...ommon-mosquito
    A very superficial check on SKY NEWS will question their credibility (and thats being kind). To be certain, they lack awards for journalistic integrity. To be honest and candid I call bull duram (kept deleting excrement ). False fear mongering (intended or not) doesn't serve our best interests.

There is a pretty strong argument that this whole Zika scare is yet another "be afraid" ......... "we will save you" campaign and the mainstream media loves sensationalism (it sells).

Just saying

Respect
    Last edited by Craig123; 02-05-2016 at 10:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craig123 View Post
    A very superficial check on SKY NEWS will question their credibility and thats being kind. To be certain, they lack awards for journalistic integrity. To be honest and candid I call bull****. False fear mongering (intended or not) doesn't serve anyone's best interest. There is a pretty strong argument that this whole Zika scare is yet another "be afraid" ......... "we will save you" campaign. The mainstream media loves sensationalism (it sells). Just saying

Respect
    I'll be sure to use bug spray and not take this on myself to counter this argument. I stay at places that have screens, and never get bit at night once in the room. I have a coil, Amazon lights, voodoo magic regimen that keeps the room skeeter free.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I'll be sure to use bug spray and not take this on myself to counter this argument. I stay at places that have screens, and never get bit at night once in the room. I have a coil, Amazon lights, voodoo magic regimen that keeps the room skeeter free.
    I certainly respect that Booger. I will also be using repellent and maybe other stuff in a well ventilated OUTDOOR environment. But people are actually talking about and WILL use noxious chemicals directly on the skin or cloths or inhale it in an INDOOR environment to avoid this supposed danger. Gotta ask yourself some serious questions before doing that.

BTW - I live in mosquito heaven (or hell). So I know a bit about combating these pests. Anything that kills them dead on the spot, is a clue ..... a BIG clue that it's likely not good of you either.

Again, no disrespect to anyone.

One Love
    Last edited by Craig123; 02-05-2016 at 11:07 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craig123 View Post
    I certainly respect that Booger. But people are actually talking about and WILL use noxious chemicals to avoid this supposed danger. Gotta ask yourself some serious questions before doing that.
    Yes sir, agreed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Yes sir, agreed.
    Hey Booger I've enjoyed your contributions to the board a lot .....with much respect please don't call me "Sir" ( that was my Dad)

Off topic ... how the hell do you get the banner to work. I only have 6 sleeps !!!!!!

Soon Come... with repellant.
    Last edited by Craig123; 02-05-2016 at 11:15 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaherring View Post
    Turned away from God.
    100% !!

User Info Menu

self-SAY::>>> '''.psst psst ... hey, Bill..''
    me-SAY:::>>> ""..what you want..??...''
    self-SAY::>>> '''..lookie lookie --- boardie-Lola is back..''
    me-SAY:::>>> ""..I see ... gonna be big *fun*..""
    self-SAY::>>> '''..tru tru..'''
    be hapPpy