Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: oh oh ::: Ja-Election .... Feb 25th

User Info Menu

Re: oh oh ::: Ja-Election .... Feb 25th

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Accompong,

You seem to be educated about Jamaican history. Read about the domination of the Caribbean in the 50's -present. Haiti, DR, Cuba, Jamaica, Grenada, etc... Same story different country. Who was Seaga's bodyguard??? What did he do?? How did guns end up in Jamaica (Carib basin). Hopefully no voilence in this I-Lection. Guns yes too many??? Used to be life in Gun Court!!! Even for a bullet!!! Anyway you want to paint it JA way more voilent regardless of I-lections.
    Irieonline...Johng does mention violence during the election in his above quote and I personally thought johng meant during and after an election.

User Info Menu

I thought his last reply in particular was pretty clear, that he was speaking about guns and gun violence in general since the '80 elections.

User Info Menu

Doesn't anyone care about the lowest price for Red Stripe on the beach/cliffs anymore? Will the next Prime Minister make that price go up; or down?
    Last edited by Big_frank; 02-04-2016 at 10:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big_frank View Post
    Doesn't anyone care about the lowest price for Red Stripe on the beach/cliffs anymore?
    lol
    lol
    lol

of course not
    ...globally the economy is boooom-ing
    .......*we* all rich now

lol
    lol
    lol

btw ~~ you shouda left that/those comments you deleted [[ wink wink ]]
    ..'member you retired .. no need to edit anymore

:-)
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

It was't Papa Doc or Bady Doc Supoorted at first by the US of A, Kingston run buy the CIA and Cuba that where the guns come from. Only Ja elections that I understand were not effected by election violence were 2011. How many were killing in Kingston on May 2010 that was quite a show don't you agree Rob. Didn't happen in Negril thank God

User Info Menu

You right Bill; my bad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big_frank View Post
    You right Bill; my bad.
    lol
    be hapPpy

Administrator

User Info Menu

TAH and Irieonline,

With the title being "oh oh ::: Ja-Election .... Feb 25th", for any reader, especially first time visitors, it is clear that the election is the topic being discussed. Although thousands of readers are multi visitors to Negril, I must keep in mind that first timers are reading this forum daily and the facts need to be presented in a way that makes sense to the subject/title of any thread. As of 11:30pm on this Thursday night, there are 50 members and 392 guests, many of whom are first timers.

There will be no difference for any visitor coming to the island during the upcoming election than on any other day. In fact, they will become part of the Jamaican history and be able to relate their experiences to future readers.

I am pleased that Johng agreed that the the last election was crime free. That was part of the point of my first post as related to the subject of this thread. Since the thread started to veer off topic, my further post were made to clarify and add some direct first hand insight into the now off topic subject.

I live here and the realities are in my face everyday. There is no way to avoid it being a member of the society. We can debate for years the history, causes, alphabet entities and the rest but that is beyond the focus of this tourism related website. With this post, I want to bring this thread back to the original topic.

I, for one, am looking forward to another election, they have become a fun discussion based time to be on the island.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    It was't Papa Doc or Bady Doc Supoorted at first by the US of A, Kingston run buy the CIA and Cuba that where the guns come from. Only Ja elections that I understand were not effected by election violence were 2011. How many were killing in Kingston on May 2010 that was quite a show don't you agree Rob. Didn't happen in Negril thank God
    Quite a show? I found it not a show but a very horrific thing. We lived those days on the island seeing and listening to the hurt and sadness the Jamaican people were going through. This is exactly why this will not be debated on this tourism focused site.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Rob, wrong word to use, my bad!! Have I ever on this board advocated violence to anyone??? Jamaica is probably my favorite place on earth. understood that your site is tourist site and your job is to advertise the beauty and wonders of Negril and Jamaica in whole. the conversation strayed from elections and before I brought my comments in to the discussion someone else brought up the 80 elections. have been part of that history I added photos of Michael Manley taken in Negril (pertinent I believe to the oh oh Ja Election conversations at the time). As your job on this site to promote Negril and Jamaica to "Newbies" there is a certain responsibility that you bear in telling certain realities that exist in Negril and the rest of the island. If you read the Gleaner and or Observer on a daily basis you can see the points I have made are valid. Should they be discussed on the site??? That's your call?? I am not attempting to hurt Jamaica or it's economy only add to discussions (that I did not start). Do I still visit JA?? Yes!! West Kingston?? No