Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The last scheduled live webcast & chat is happening today at 3 Dives - 5pm to 7pm

Administrator

User Info Menu

The last scheduled live webcast & chat is happening today at 3 Dives - 5pm to 7pm

After 20 years of bringing Negril live to people all around the world, RealNegril.com is announcing the last scheduled live webcast & chat. We are holding it at the property that has without a doubt the longest running regular weekly webcast (since 1998), the 3 Dives Jerk Centre!

A lot has changed in the past twenty years, this past month was the first time more people accessed the internet on their phone than a computer or tablet. That makes watching the webcast and chatting at the same time virtually impossible.

Twenty years ago Google.com didn’t exist yet. There were only around 100,000 websites, compared to more than a billion today.

The web browser of choice was Netscape Navigator. Most people used dial-up Internet connections with mighty speeds ranging from 28.8Kbps to 33.6Kbps. Highly modern 56Kbps modems were just becoming available. Most screen resolutions were 640×480.

Yahoo, Alta Vista and Excite were the main search engines and Negril.com was just 2 years old.

So a 20 year run for being the first to bring Negril live to the world is filled with bittersweet memories. RealNegril.com will be changing with the times, but more to come on that exciting and fun news later.

We want to thank all of our over a million viewers over the years, the various cyberjocks who added their own character to the casts and for the support of our sponsor webcast locations and the members of the entire Negril community. We hope you enjoyed our live webcast & chat offerings.

Once again - thanks for all the wonderful memories!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: The last scheduled live webcast & chat is happening today at 3 Dives - 5pm to 7pm

Oh the Webcast memories.....

There was one at Seastar Inn Thanksgiving Weekend November 2006 or 2007 (a little fuzzy), over 200 boardies and significant others in attendance....

The memorial webcast and fund raiser for the Jamaican Cowboy Alex Vaughn...

Rob, thank you so much for your dedication all these years!!

Tears in my eyes....

VVHT

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: The last scheduled live webcast & chat is happening today at 3 Dives - 5pm to 7pm

You have been my lifeline to Negril for most of these 20 years, Rob. Thank you.

User Info Menu

Rob will have more time to develop the transporter!!
    Last edited by VVHT; 04-27-2016 at 05:59 AM.

User Info Menu

Well done Rob!

Thanks for bringing a little slice of Negril to all of us over the years.

User Info Menu

3 Dives was our 1st webcast. Years ago, mon that was good tymes! Thanks 3 Dives, Lisa and Rob!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Huge thanks Rob!!!

You brought this guy and his inspirational music into my living room SO many times- cant thank you enough!

Name:  west.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  60.4 KB
    Last edited by murph; 04-26-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Tune in to be part of this historic webcast/chat, folks. This is the stuff of legend.

User Info Menu

oh da memories........so many.......and then some

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I have enjoyed taking part in several of the webcasts and had fun chatting with Negril addicts from all over. Thank you Rob. I don't have one of those phones that connect with the www. I have a tablet and a home computer; but now learn I'm in a minority. It ain't easy getting old.