Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl killed in crash in Hanover (returning to airport)

User Info Menu

Girl killed in crash in Hanover (returning to airport)

This is really sad news, she was so excited about here upcoming trip! She has the last Boardie Bash posted on her facebook account. Apparently she was returning to the airport after her vacation in Negril and was in a horrid automobile accident (near big old Molasis container) just before Lucea. She is from Revere, Mass. area:

http://jamaica-star.com/article/news...-vehicle-crash

https://www.facebook.com/LauraaArangox3

User Info Menu

Re: Girl at last Boardie Bash killed in Hanover (returning to airport)

Saw that yesterday Sad news. Looks like speed another issue (:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to Laura's family and friends.

Shelly...were you at the last boardie bash? I'm not sure that I met this young lady and she doesn't appear to be in the last boardie bash photo nor am I seeing any boardie bash photos on her FB page.
    If she was a boardie it would be nice to share her photos here so we can pay proper respects.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 04-28-2016 at 10:02 AM.

User Info Menu

Wow, Sad. Doesn't look like she was traveling alone hope her travel companion is okay, as there is no mention of him. Condolences to the Arango family and her baby sigh.
    Last edited by sammyb; 04-28-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    Wow, Sad. Doesn't look like she was traveling alone hope her travel companion is okay, as there is no mention of him. Condolences to the Arango family and her baby sigh.
    This is tragic. Seeing the comments and pictures posted last week on her FB page, it does seem she was not traveling alone. I hope he is safe. There are no pictures or references to the Boardie Bash as stated by the OP, but Laura was obviously on the Love Bus Pub Crawl last week, so some of our Boardies may remember her if they we on the bus with her last week.

In the Observer article, her father, Jose Arango is asking anyone with any information to please contact him. There are varying stories and someone here may have some information in their time of need. Here is a link to the article. His request is in the comments section at the bottom of the page:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-vehicle-crash

A friend of her's has set up a Go Fund Me page. If you would like to help, here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/LauraArango

Another Negril lover has been taken tragically from us. Our thoughts and payers go out to her and her family and friends. And I hope someone here has some information that can help ease the family's pain.

http://techwizbox.com/foreign-nation...me-crash-site/
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Girl killed crash in Hanover (returning to airport)

Shelly,

Your subject title has been edited as it appears from all evidence that there is nothing posted on Laura's FB page about the last Boardie Bash or even this year's Bash. This conflicting information is the last thing the family needs when they are pleading for accurate news.

Thanks for your understanding.

User Info Menu

Re: Girl killed crash in Hanover (returning to airport)

I emailed you a picture that she posted on her Facebook page with her outside of the bus, just preceding that post was another post of her with the heading "Jamaica Here We Come" (email sent to info@negril.com )

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Girl killed in crash in Hanover (returning to airport)

Shelly,

Your information was incorrect, Laura was on the Love Bus Pub Craw last week. This year's Bash is the 29th. We want her family to have accurate information.

User Info Menu

Omg that is soooo sad. Laura and her boyfriend stayed at Sea Scape on our last week. They moved into the room we stayed our first nite in cause our room wasn't ready. I found her drivers licence on the ground outside our room one day and when I returned it to her we told her she didn't need to be carrying it around with her in Jamaica. We talked to them everyday of our last 6 days. She was such a nice girl and her and her boyfriend were loving
    Jamaica. They had a rented scooter and were exploring the area around Negril everyday. We even talked them into going to the Yellowman show and they loved it. I can't believe what happened to her and my girlfriend is going to be so upset when she hears this news. Prayers and condolences to her family and her boyfriend.
    Last edited by Irieonline; 04-28-2016 at 05:09 PM.

User Info Menu

She and her boyfriend live in Jamaica? Sad loss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]