Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: update - mom passed away last night

User Info Menu

update - mom passed away last night

Some of you may remember a recent post about hopefully making it to Negril due to my mom's illness. Well she insisted we make the trip and we did. Well she lost her two year battle with cancer yesterday. *She had a rough two months, had spent 2 weeks in the hospital followed by 19 days in a rehab center. She got out and home on Wednesday and gad a great night at home. Woke up good on Thursday and then everything turned to hell. She became extremely sick. Was air flighted to the hospital. Her BP dropped to 40, heart rate 180 and temp of 103. They worked to stabilize her and did. We requested they stop the heroic effort and discontinue the use of all the medication and she died shortly thereafter. She fought like a beast, loved the last two years and taught me more about bravery that I could ever convey. I feel like throwing up as if someone keeps punching me in the gut. At 45 it breaks my heart she won't be here to call me her baby boy anymore.*

User Info Menu

Re: update - mom passed away last night

So sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. May she rest in peace and may your hearts be eased even a little by knowing her pain has ended.

I know what you are going through. I lost my mom to cancer 23 years ago. I still miss her and think of her daily. I know the feeling you describe of being punched in the gut.

This mother's day will be difficult for you, as will the first Thanksgiving, Christmas etc.... without your mom. Use these times to honor her memory by sharing stories about her, especially those that were humorous. It sounds like that is how your mom would like to be remembered.

Again, my heart aches for you and those around you sharing this pain. May you find peace in the good memories.
    Last edited by halfwaytree; 04-30-2016 at 10:32 AM.

User Info Menu

Losing a Mom is very heart wrenching and I empathize with you. Just know that she did mean it when she said for you to go to Negril. You were able to be with her when she needed you and that must have meant a lot to her.
    After my Mum's death I went to Negril for 2 weeks to regroup and grieve. It is a healing place.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

I am so very sorry for your loss. My sympathies to you and your family.

User Info Menu

Awww Jeff...we're so sorry to read about your Mom passing...having lost my Mom a couple of years ago, I sadly understand your anguish.
    Your wonderful memories of your Mom will help ease your pain over time.
    Our condolences to you and your family.
    Lisa and Rob

User Info Menu

Lost my mother March 29th, Crones, Celiacs took 60 pounds from her 130 pound frame!

User Info Menu

That's so sad georgelenard.

I know next Sunday is officially Mother's Day but I say cheers to all mothers, be they still with us or departed.
    Last edited by halfwaytree; 05-01-2016 at 05:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Sending love and prayers to you.

[/url]

User Info Menu

I am so sorry for your loss, and especially this close to Mother's Day. Mom has been gone 7 years now, think of her everyday. She loved coming to Negril.....Name:  mom and bobby.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  83.4 KB

User Info Menu

So sorry for your Great Loss........Bless your heart~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool