Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best BANG for da buck? Does'nt need to be near da beac. Not a cliff person though.

User Info Menu

Re: Best BANG for da buck? Does'nt need to be near da beac. Not a cliff person though

At Firefly when dealing with Opia or Andrea (owners ) directly i have always gotten a good deal and always rent a studio unit, so a/c and a full kitchen. Agree the restaurant is on the pricey side but a lot of other options around.

User Info Menu

Re: Best BANG for da buck? Does'nt need to be near da beac. Not a cliff person though

I have been looking at Ocean wave villa and Chippawa for next family visit. Treehouse was easy with breakfast buffet included and many quick places to eat around

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Been eye balling that place.(grin) That's where Sue (SLP) stays at.
    HI Vince. I was going to say Golden Sunset but it sounded as if you were looking for a more modern place. I love GS but remember it is an older property. It's well looked after and the staff are wonderful. Jenny is the manager and I'm sure she can help you.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Been eye balling that place.(grin) That's where Sue (SLP) stays at.
    I toured this property in March. Very impressed. Saw 3 different price points all really well done. Worth a look!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    HI Vince. I was going to say Golden Sunset but it sounded as if you were looking for a more modern place. I love GS but remember it is an older property. It's well looked after and the staff are wonderful. Jenny is the manager and I'm sure she can help you.
    Mi don't need any modern. We go to Jamaica "yawd style"!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Hi Vince, then you would love Thriller Villas, very yardie style and the owners Andy & Roy Ruddick take great care of you !!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BCBud View Post
    Vince - check out The Golden Sunset on beach road (across road from Alfreds Ocean Palace). You could rent two adjacent double rooms with a shared kitchen at a very reasonable price. Great Jamaican property owned by the Arthurs family from way back in the day when Negril had neither roads or piped water. The owner, Ray Arthurs, is one of the founding members of the Negril Chamber of Commerce, and a very nice man. This is where SLP usually stays, and she has posted pictures in some threads over the last few months.
    Their website: www.thegoldensunset.com or you can access under the hotel tab on this site as they are a board sponsor.
    I see they do not have a e-mail address on there "contact us" section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Check out Chippewa village, great location across the road from the beach.

User Info Menu

Vince, how old are the kids?

I like the suggestions for Yellow Bird 2-br/baths cottages. Each kid could have their own bed. Nice homey kitchen/dining/living room, your own patio with picnic table, nice large yard - a very green property with low buildings versus a lot of concrete buildings - plus right on the beach and walk to a lot of places (visit the parrots at Kuyaba).

I also stayed at Golden Sunset, liked it but it doesn't have the family living space or your own personal 'yard' like at yellow bird.

User Info Menu

I'm 45, oh you said kids!! Our kids are 15 year old boy & 13 year princess. Yellow Bird is the place the 1st time we met Rob & Lisa. Also met Karl Ricketts and The original patty mon. It was a great day!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]