Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Trip Report from our Third Trip to Negril - 12 Days In Paradise

User Info Menu

Re: First Trip Report from our Third Trip to Negril - 12 Days In Paradise

Love your report. Love the pics.

User Info Menu

Your pix are wonderful. Love the one of the "sweet" guard dog. The one at GS is "sweet" too unless you don't belong there - LOL
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

We really liked the location of Chippewa Village, especially having Best in the West at the end of the driveway – YUM! I can’t tell you how many times we ate their jerk chicken during our first 4 days! This was our first time not staying on the beach, but across the street from it. I think that for the low price we paid for the large room with small kitchen and AC (only needed first day), the value was great. The guard dog, Princess, was sweet to the guests, but definitely made sure the guys who shouldn’t be there didn’t come in as we witnessed twice.

Each morning we would cross the street to Charlera or Idle Awhile to have breakfast on the beach and use their beach chairs and maybe have a drink - or several We also checked out Coco La Palm’s beach and bar, which was really nice to hang out on too. My favorite dirty banana of the trip was from Coco.

Our first full day was spent walking up and down the beach. I don’t have many pictures because it was a bit overcast and windy. The weather was a little different than on previous trips. The water was pretty rough for Negril, but beautiful as always! And it rained more than usual, but no problem mon The Jamaicans were thankful for the rain, so we were happy for them. We did enjoy a gorgeous sunset –

Name:  DSC03239.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  86.7 KB

Our second day was the One Love Bus for our third time. It was a blast as always! It’s funny that we have run into some of the same people each year. Once we go we know – lol! There was a bit of a scary moment on one of our stops on the pub crawl. A woman passed out at our third (?) stop. We found out once this happened that the ambulance was broken down, which is a sad fact that happens here sometimes Of course, Lenbert saved the day by riding off on a motorcycle to his house and driving a car back for his wife to take her to a doctor to be checked out. Thankfully, she ended up being OK. And the crawl continued. Here’s a few from the pub crawl -

Name:  DSC03295.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  94.4 KBName:  DSC03322.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  89.3 KBName:  DSC03309.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  86.6 KB

We were beach bums again on our third day. We discovered Woodstock and ended up going back a couple times. It’s a great place to hang out on the beach, chat to bartenders, patrons, have drinks and enjoy!

Name:  DSC03372.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  98.2 KBName:  DSC03386.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  91.5 KB

Siesta time mon
    Name:  DSC03370.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  90.1 KBName:  DSC03358.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  85.0 KBName:  DSC03350.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  88.1 KB

User Info Menu

Mon your pictures are AMAZING!- Last picture is my new screen saver at work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Thanks Vince, SLP & Miss Honey!

User Info Menu

Great pics, I hope there is more!

User Info Menu

Anxiously awaiting more of this trip report and pictures,thanks for sharing so far!

User Info Menu

Great Pics, Thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

Lightbulb Re: First Trip Report from our Third Trip to Negril - 12 Days In Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by agregory View Post
    There was a bit of a scary moment on one of our stops on the pub crawl. A woman passed out at our third (?) stop. We found out once this happened that the ambulance was broken down, which is a sad fact that happens here sometimes Of course, Lenbert saved the day by riding off on a motorcycle to his house and driving a car back for his wife to take her to a doctor to be checked out. Thankfully, she ended up being OK.
    In Negril, Beth Ploof, RN operates Comforts of Home Nursing Services, LLC. She is an american Registered Nurse also licensed in Jamaica, on-call 24/7 for emergencies such as this. From the moment she gets the call she assesses the person's situation to determine what level and course of action/care may be needed. She has direct contact with local doctors, facilities and ambulances to get the person to the right care quickly, if needed.

JA 1 (876) 464-2894
    USA 1 (651) 247-2984

Article/Jamaica Observer, and below, her website

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magaz...-care_19238063

http://elohimito.wix.com/comfortsofhome

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    In Negril, Beth Ploof, RN operates Comforts of Home Nursing Services, LLC. She is an american Registered Nurse also licensed in Jamaica, on-call 24/7 for emergencies such as this. From the moment she gets the call she assesses the person's situation to determine what level and course of action/care may be needed. She has direct contact with local doctors, facilities and ambulances to get the person to the right care quickly, if needed.

JA 1 (876) 464-2894
    USA 1 (651) 247-2984

Article/Jamaica Observer, and below, her website

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magaz...-care_19238063

http://elohimito.wix.com/comfortsofhome
    Lola - Thanks for the info. I actually had to use her services last year when we visited. We had about 3 days left in our trip and I came down with an infection. I knew exactly what was wrong with me, but I didn't have the proper antibiotics with me for it. She came to our villa at Banana Shout, tested for the infection and treated me with antibiotics that a local doctor prescribed. I was so very thankful for her and how it all worked out. I was able to enjoy the last 3 days of our trip and since it was treated right away there was no harm to me! It was a great experience and I would recommend having her contact info on hand to anyone who is visiting the Negril area.