I didn’t sleep very soundly the first night because I kept wondering about what everything looked like outside, plus the goats were up most of the night having a party on our stairs. The anticipation of exploring the area kept me awake too. As usual though, husband doesn’t have that problem so he slept like a log. No worries for me though, I’m just so happy to be in such an amazing house in this great country of Jamaica

In the morning I learned why the goats were up having a party on our stairs all night – we left the gate at the bottom of the stairs open – lol! We didn’t even realize that there was a gate at the bottom when we arrived the previous night, so we never thought to shut it! Apparently, the goats were given more freedom that night than usual so of course they decided to party it up It had also rained the night we arrived which isn’t common in TB. It’s very dry and arid there normally. It sounds like the rain also gave the goats a reason to celebrate. Everyone was happy for the needed rain!

This is the view from the main bedroom level of the home –
Name:  20160303_094706.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  95.6 KB

Here’s where the goats stayed up, partied all night and left their mess -
Name:  DSC03964.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  98.7 KB

This is the view from the second deck. The bus was cool to see. I wonder if there's a story is behind it?
Name:  20160303_094139.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  97.8 KB

The house is perched up above all the surrounding homes. Notice the gate that we left open our first night. If you are considering a stay here, keep in mind that there are 80 steps to reach the main living level of the home. Barukamba, the house of Mutabaruka –
Name:  DSC03983.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  98.3 KB

There is a lot of art and interesting décor and furniture in this home. We really loved the openness of the house! At night, the lizards would hang out behind the mirror in the bathroom waiting for the light above it to be turned on. When the light was on, the moths would come, which meant dinnertime for the lizards. YUM!!! It was really cool to watch!

Here’s some pictures of the beautiful backyard –
Name:  DSC04193.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  101.4 KB
Name:  DSC04192.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  100.1 KB

I was finally able to capture several pictures of the Doctor bird –
Name:  DSC04175.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  90.3 KB
Name:  DSC04172.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  88.8 KB

This is a bit grainy, but these Doctor birds were mating in the tree right in front of me. Was it rude to watch and take pictures? They were very noisy!
Name:  DSC04187.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  88.9 KB