Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: More trouble in the parish of Westmoreland

User Info Menu

More trouble in the parish of Westmoreland

User Info Menu

Re: More trouble in the parish of Westmoreland

Wow, so saddened to read this. So much violence and death.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    Wow, so saddened to read this. So much violence and death.
    Important to keep a perspective on these postings. Westmoreland is a large Parish and I would lay odds that maybe a handful of people here could even point out Whithorn on a map without consulting a search engine. Not to diminish the tragedy in any way but where I live in So. Florida I can post a couple of handfuls of killings near where I live and if I included Orlando then 50 some more.

Posting links to tragedies should at the very least have something to do with Negril or the Negril general area.

JMO
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Whithorn, Westmoreland is approximately a one hour drive from Negrii. Westmoreland is a large parish. Whithorn is located on the far side of Sav-La-Mar.

Although tragic and all of our thoughts and prayers should go out to families and friends, this is in no way even near Negril.

And yes RonMon, there is some much death and violence all over the world. Too much...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

My comment was just a general statement and not specific to Jamaica, Westmoreland or Negril. Violent crime seems to be at the forefront of the news leads everywhere as of late.

User Info Menu

Trouble, crime, death and violence exist any place you want to find them. These are the news makers and gossip kings of media. Helping Grandma across the street is not going to get you the big headline or a spot on TMZ.
    “Indecision may or may not be my problem.”

User Info Menu

That is true, the world has fall down everywhere, everyday. What was nice about Jamaica in the 70's was that it still hadn't become spoiled at least to a tourist's eyes (mine). Back in those days there was crime in Negril, Westmoreland but the big influx of crime came with guns around the 1980 elections. Those of you who love JA (now or then) can learn a lot about what happened in Jamaica easily by searching on the web. It all comes down to greed and money. Even today in American and World Politics (or as Rasta say "Politricks") it is only about power and money. Nothing new just hate to see Paradise turn into a parking lot again!!!