Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Recommendations

User Info Menu

Re: Recommendations

Thank you..great advice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    Ratty2, AI option or not, I would remind the young adults to be cautious, trust their instincts, and not be overly trusting of strangers. (Whether in Jamaica or at home). Trust is earned, and it is wrong to extend your trust to a person in a measure that exceeds your knowledge of that person. And them tell them to have fun! Perhaps one of the workers at a small Jamaican (non-AI) hotel could be a great resource for them.
    I think a group of three young adults would be alright in Negril without the AI option, and they might enjoy the day to day adventure of finding new places to dine and spend their time.
    I have fond memories from my younger days in Negril of such things as waiting to hear the horn of the ice truck to run and buy a piece of ice for my beer cooler, (not every shop had cold beer back in those days, unless they too got some ice), and walks to the little shops to buy supplies, and the satisfaction of finding a little cook shop with amazing Jamaican food. So many times I was told not to eat the "tourist food". With an AI option, I would not have had many of those great memories.
    Thank you...good advice

User Info Menu

Thank you all for your replies. I appreciate your help and advice